Well, suggest me on what I should ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion

Journeyman
Hi ,
Well, I am basically a student of medicine but I am very much interested in computers. I wanted to do something in IT and so I learnt quite a few languages like C++, VB, perl etc. And a bit of linux.
Would you like to suggest me any course that I can do simultaneously along with my M.B.B.S? I would be excited to know. Or are there any good things that I need to learn and any recommended books? :roll: :) [
[/b]

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Dude.. learn Java, then J2EE or u can also try the alternatvie .NET..

These are the hottest areas today..

or, Go for web-programming learn ASP or PHP..

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Yep do web- programming so that u can create wbsite for medical purpose ...u already know vb ryt ? make some thing useful for medical purpose :) or else try 3d modelling ur diagrams ;) lol anyting n everything will help ur profession !
btw u want to put it to ur use or just learning for time pass ??

indrajit

Journeyman
SmoothCriminal said:
Dude.. learn Java, then J2EE or u can also try the alternatvie .NET..

These are the hottest areas today..

or, Go for web-programming learn ASP or PHP..

Come'n, go a little light on this guy (Scorpion)! He's already doing M.B.B.S. I don't think it'll be possible for him to do java then J2EE/.NET.

@Scorpion: Hey! I think suhas_sm's idea is a cool one. As you already know VB, go for some short term web designing course and then you can, as suhas_sm suggesttd, build a web site of your own! And when you do so don't forget to post your website's url in this forum!
:wink:

vysakh

Padawan
buy this book
computer science c++
by ---sumita arora
dhanpat rai & Co
rs 145
it is the text book for class 11

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
mm.. yah sicne he has already leran C++ which is based on OOPS i thot Java wud be easy.. and if he does Java, J2EE is easy.. and J2EE has lot more market value than anything else..

I do agree its diff for a newbie to go 4 java/j2ee.. it all depends on how good he's in C++ and interest in computers..

perk_bud

Journeyman
i think u should go in for web designing and learn php as that will help u in the paticular field that u r in may be u can bring the indian doctors together by designing ur own forum :D

funkymonkey

Journeyman
well what kind of career you are planning after MBBS? If you are gona go for M.D then everything virually is just waste. if you are planning career in medical technology like medical imaging then learn Matlab.
I am now doing biomedical engineering and plan to do future career in medical imaging and experts in this fienld has told me that for medical imaging matlab is must.
If you are gona go for M.D then there are many possibilities. Web designing and PHP will come handy if tomorrow you decide to launch your own website. 3d modelling will come handy in making demos or virtual model of body etc ( for too you will need matlab to get values from xray and CT scans etc).
Its up to you want to want to do in future.

OP
S

Scorpion

Journeyman
Hey! Thanks for all your advice!
I have already set up my website at *www.aditya.fun.ms
I think it's better if I go on with php and all.
May be a bit of Java too.
I will in to M.D for certain(If I am that lucky to get the seat!) but I want to learn more about some thing else other than my own branch of medicine. I have some touch with computers so I want to learn them too.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Scorpion said:
I have already set up my website at *www.aditya.fun.ms

Dude.. just had a look at ur site.. and.. ha,, u have put ur email in text in 3-4 places..! Its just like inviting spam.. Spambots are just evrywhere searching pages for email IDs.. DONT ever put your email in text form in any webpage..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom