Welcome to the World of Mind-Controlled Video Games !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I have been waiting for this concept for sooooooo long... and finally some upcoming solid promises !!!!

"NeuroSky to Unveil Brainwave-Controlled Video Game Concept Co-Developed With Square Enix"

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/2245/neuroskyfx5.jpg

Tokyo Game Show 2008
Booth 3-N4

TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NeuroSky, Inc., the leading manufacturer of “wearable” consumer bio-sensors, announced today the unveiling of a brainwave-controlled video game at the Tokyo Game Show 2008 in Makuhari, Japan, on October 9 and 10. This exciting and entertaining demonstration is based on a new game concept being jointly developed with Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix).

The technical demonstration developed with Square Enix operates in conjunction with Windows PC machines and features the NeuroSky commercial headset, MindSet™. The recently introduced MindSet is capable of interfacing to a variety of gaming platforms, including PC, console and mobile. It resembles a pair of headphones, with a single electrode contacting the user’s forehead while reading the player’s brainwave information, or EEG data. The headset registers the current state of relaxation or concentration of players, allowing them to perform a variety of actions within the game.

“At Square Enix, we are actively involved in developing a variety of gaming interfaces. I am thrilled to have this opportunity to work with NeuroSky, and apply their advanced sensor technology in this brain-wave controlled game demonstration,” commented Ryutaro Ichimura, Producer at Square Enix. “Although the main purpose of the demo is to test the results of our short development period, I hope it also unlocks new potentials in gaming.”

Stanley Yang, the CEO of NeuroSky, considers the joint development with Square Enix as further validation that brainwave-reading (EEG) technology is rapidly emerging onto the video game scene. “We are delighted to have built such an important partnership with a key industry player to have jointly developed a demonstration based on brainwave-reading technology. The market has been anticipating the introduction of this technology for many years, and the reality of controlling features of a video game through mental control is finally taking root.”

Tokyo Game Show 2008

NeuroSky’s booth will be located in the Business Solution Area (3-N4). The technical demonstration will take place on Thursday, October 9th and Friday, October 10th only.

SOURCE

x3060

A LOTR fan
will be fun to play crysis with this, nfs is gonna be too good, but i wonder how will i accelerate the car.

but rpg and strategy is a no no.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Lol, RPG and Strategy are gonna be the best to benefit. What else do you think Square Enix produces, its a merger of the creators of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games ^_^

And Strategy would be really cool with these.
"Barracks, 3 Short-Swordsmen!, Stable, 2 knights!, Archery range, Research Composite Bow"

x3060

A LOTR fan
well i wonder what will happen ,if in the middle of game you are thinking about snacks, does the resource will become "zero" all of a sudden

Games like crysis will benifit to the max.Like we think of maximum speed or maximum strength or cloak and it's there.Freakishly awesome!

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
This'll be good with RTS games and sports simulation games like FIFA, PES, NBA (you get the idea). But there's no alternative to playing an FPS game with mouse and keyboard (IMO). And it'll take a loonnng looooonnng while before we can afford it. Interesting read, this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom