weird problem-plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvin

Broken In
i am having system with this config:
intel p4, 128mb RAM(newly bought), samsung 40gb HD, maxtor 20GB HD(master), samsung cd writer, liteon SOHW 1673S DVD/CD writer(master),
i have 3 OSes winxp home wdition, win xp pro, SUSElinux.

till three days days back all was well. then suddenly one day when i booted into my XP home. before i got to the login screen... i blue screen of death came up with this meassage:"Driver_IRQL _Not_Less_Or_Equal". when i restarted it did not show any error and booted normally.

this has been occuring randomly ever since. the error messages have also been random. which include:"problem with file atapi.sys", "attemp was made to write into read-only memory" or "Driver_IRQL _Not_Less_Or_Equal"

so i tried booting into XP pro. in that also it crashed with a BSoD first time
and after two three attemps it booted. this made me for sure that the problem was hardware side.

next i booted into suse linux. soon as it booted it showed a message that a new hardware is detected "Liteon DVD SOHW 1673S" should i configure it? i clicked "yes". but then the linux got hung up. forcing me to switch off the sys.

thus i concluded that the problem is wit my Liteon DVD writer.

Liteon DVD writer had functioned properly with SUSE for past 3 months. it had never before given such a problem.

It is also to be noted that a couple of weeks back i had changed my liteon to master and samsung to be slave. earlier it was vice-versa.at tht time there was no problem.

personally i feel.. maybe its cable is having a problem.. or maybe i must make it slave as before.. or i may need to upgrade the firmware( but am against flashing i dont want to risk it)..

please help me out.. wht exactly is the problem? and wht is its solution?

jsontan

Right off the assembly line
i just got this new pc and had problem with liteon dvd-rw... i got a new dvd-rw instead and my pc is working just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom