Website Redesign. Feedback, Suggestions, Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

narangz

Web developer
Hello friends,
I've got a new website *techiesrealm.com

Some of you might have visited it before. I've now redesigned it. The forum still needs to be redesigned. I'll do it soon. I am not good at photoshop so the logo still needs to be designed. If anyone can help, please contact me. I'll grateful to him/her.

Please note that you need IE 7+, Opera 9+, FF 2+, Safari 3+. IE 6 may not display it correctly. I don't have IE 6 so I haven't checked the site in it.

Please give your valuable suggestions, comments, problems, feedbacks.

Thanks!

slugger

Banned
search box does not appear on home page - needed I believe

also the image used just above the blue banner indistinguishable from the bg. IMO either make it easily visible or remove it. might also want to consider linking it to the homepage - click on the banner to go to the homepage

looks like you have use a bg image for sidebar
however the color gradient used makes it not so dstinguisahbe from the post bg

banner design not very appropriate for a tech blog - font more appropriate for a literary site

no difference between the homepage and article pages, except the latter has more post titles - if that is the only diff then IMO they could be merged

the recent posts and categories list should IMO appear on top rather than poll results

some page have CCL logo on top some at the bottom - any particular reason for the non-uniformity?

also the copyright statement at the bottom woud look more balanced if centered along with the CCL logo instead of the extreme ends they curently are in

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
1. I'll do it soon. I have that in my mind.
2. The image above the blue banner has rounded corners. Its easily distinguished on my displays! Or I am unable to understand you properly.
3. Yes there is. But its just for Sidebar titles like Categories, Comments etc which appear in CAPS.
4. I am not good at photoshop. Care to suggest a font? Need a logo too.
5. It'll be different when homepage will have hot posts from forum
6. Noted.
7. CCL logo appears at bottom only on main page. On other pages it's on top. I liked it this way. You dont like it?
8. I centered it. But the entries rss link didn't look nice when centred.

Thanks for the suggestions, slugger. I'll try the way you suggested. :)

More suggestions are welcome :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Thanx.

Btw, if u designed the header urself, i think the jpg was compressed too much and lost a bit of quality. It looks blurred.
Use PNG.

And how abt using a nice theme, are u on wp?

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
ya created header myslef. will use png.

the main page isn't wp but blog is wp powered.

you don't like the design?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Err, No.

I think its too bland. Try to get a simple yet elegant design.
And i see that the blog and main page are same, is the main page a part of the blog or did you use the same stylesheet?

Try to get a better theme.

P.S : Just my opinions , no offence meant

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
I designed it myself & the index & blog have almost same css.

Bland? Can you suggest me some themes & or a website to look at?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
you seem to be working on the sidebar, I guess? it's not showing anything other than an empty gray slot and visitor map below it

i agree with slugger with regards to the font, suits more to a literary site

personally I would suggest making the banner a rectangle with round corners separate from rest of the content, remove the top white part, if you get what I mean

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
you seem to be working on the sidebar, I guess? it's not showing anything other than an empty gray slot and visitor map below it

i agree with slugger with regards to the font, suits more to a literary site

personally I would suggest making the banner a rectangle with round corners separate from rest of the content, remove the top white part, if you get what I mean

Sidebar is okay. It's complete. Which browser & version are you using? Screenshot would be great :)

Yaar, suggest a font. I tried many but settled for this one.

I'll try making the header with rounded corners. Understood what you mean.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
@narangz,
*www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/01/08/100-excellent-free-high-quality-wordpress-themes/

And Bland : *dictionary.reference.com/browse/bland

*lacking in special interest, liveliness, individuality, etc.; insipid; dull: a bland young man; a bland situation comedy.

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
Have you blocked Google Ads?

Please post index page Screenshot & articles page screenshot. Full screen, pls.

Last edited:
OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
That's the problem then. The index page currently has google ads on the sidebar + clustrmap. However the blog has many widgets on the sidebar. Is blog's sidebar okay?

@iMav- Have you also blocked adsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom