Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Hi there people,

I am about to build a website right from the scratch.
I could use all the help that I would get.
So the idea is to CONTRIBUTE !

Well....
All that I am asking for is the following

1) Links that I could use to build my website
2) Links that might help me to add more functionality to the site
3) Links that could help me make the site more attractive (like the links that provide javascripts)
4) Links that can help me download softwares that help in making animations (like SWF flash files)
5) Suggestions regarding inclusion of all that you want to be included in the site
6) Suggestions regarding what you don't want in the site
7) Suggestions regarding what is good / bad for the site
8) Links that you want to be included in the site.
9) WHAT MORE ???

I want all of you to contribute whole heartedly to make my website a success!
Common people and get working and thinking !
Make your brains work and let your creative ideas take shape in my site

Mail me if you think of anything regarding my site !
All your feedback will provide the backbone for the site !

WHAT are you waiting for ? I'm sure all of you have many things and ideas to contribute !
Get mailing guys !

YEH DIL MAANGE MORE !

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well sign up in Y!geocities and get a webpage free.. u can also get templates from yahoo even tho they S*K but then i created my site with those templates about 3-4 yrs back.. when i was a kid to the html :D now i dont have time for doin all these stuffs so jus let it b that way.. mayb one of these days ill edit it :wink: u can check my site for a layout that wont b very appealing but not so bad either :D

sohummisra

Broken In
Well you have two approaches (apart from the template approach)--you can learn an internet programming language such as HTML and PHP or you could just use a WYSIWYG editor such as Frontpage or Dreamweaver. I followed the first approach. :)

Firstly--what is the site for? Just a random personal site or does it have some direction. If you want to have some sort of clarity, I would suggest making a structure, if just a basic one. That way you will know what you are doing and things won't become complicated and arbitrary. A good site for scripts is *www.hotscripts.com/. And as for some tips/hints for your website:

- DON'T use animations if you don't need them
- DON'T use lots of graphics if you don't need them
- DON'T use bad color contrasts

That's all I can think of. I'll think of some more later, perhaps.

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Hey mates.............................
Forgot to mention one more thing !

I am not going to host it in the Y!Geocities by any means.
They have a restriction on the transfer limits.
They will show that the "page has exceeded the data transfer limits" meaning to say that they have a bandwidth limit.
Some other hosts allow unlimited bandwidth and I'll try and host my site there.

Please recommend such hosts that allow unlimited bandwidth + 100 MB plus space + FREE !

@bharathbala2003
Please post ur site's link here

@sohummisra
I wanna include all that a site can handle.
I mean to say that EVERYTHING starting from google search to download links ----- from Forums to everything imaginable !

I have considerable time left to make the site so time is not a factor.

All that I want that It should have something (I mean a lot of things ;-) ) for everyone !

thecyclone2k

In the zone
bharatbala's site is -*geocities.com/bharathbala2002

u can c it 4m the WWW img below his post!

well, there is nothing as such unlimited bandwidth and space. They are just claims and aren't true. the free hosts are like mushrooms plants which grow one day and die out another day. I have been into this about 3years so, I am telling my experience. You can anyhow look at -

*www.free-webhosts.com

I get ya 50mb space+1500mb bandwidth for 25rs. pm

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Host-1asphost
Visit Swftools.com.Lot's of tools to create flash animations and other stuff(even if u don't know flash).

DHTMLshock is worth a visit.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@raj ther u go cyclone has given the link.. i tout ull know it :? anyways as for unlimited bandwith i dont think any site gives u that...

and as cyc said its all jus claims.. nuthin else.. m8.. :D but incase u turn up with sumtime that gives wat u asked for.. jus paste the link down here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom