Website Copying Content!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I wrote a book almost two years back on Java..
The book was submitted by me in the Digit Magazine n it was included in the DVD.
Few days back I was surfing the net and found tht my entire book has been copied n posted in a website..
Link
*www.365x24live.com/java/j1.html

They have removed the preface,cover page etc etc n some other pages(project part)...My name just stays in the programs I wrote!

So how can I ask the owner to publish the entire content???? Am I helpless??
Suggestion pls..

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Send a cease and desist notice about copyright infringement to the website owner and their web host.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
First has he copyrighted his work or release it under an y license like creative commons? I think since Digit published it they would be in a better position to send a cease and desist notice.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
First has he copyrighted his work
There is no need to copyright any original work. By default, copyright is given to the creator of the original work. However, if copyright is registered to him, it can be a prima facie evidence that he is the original author. In this case the date of published work on the site and in Digit can be used as an evidence. But still Digit may have to testify that Nitish is the original author of the work.

I think since Digit published it they would be in a better position to send a cease and desist notice.
Only if Digit has any of the rights(esp. republishing right) related to it.

din

Tribal Boy
Contact this guy and ask him to remove it from the site

Registrant:
365x24Live
Akhilesh E K (akhileshek@gmail.com)
#Karimattathu,
Pulluvazhy
Perumbavoor
Ernakulam
Kerala,683541
IN
Tel. +044.45550017

Hmm, 044 ? Thats Chennai phone number I think ? May be a fake number or hes in Chennai now.

Ok, on more search based on that phone number I got this info

Mobile :9841687503, A.U.Karthikeyan Mobile :9994532142Phone:044-45550017/18, Old #4/15, New #60, Arcot Road, Valsaravakkam, Chennai - 87.

Not sure whether the guys are same or not, anyway give a try on phone / mobile / email.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I have also reported to google adsense about the copyright infringement

I gave contact email as your yahoo id only nitish :D

hope they ban his account or atleast question him about it....

_

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
dood this is so sick...i remember using ur work for reference( man its helpful!) ...but never tht tht ppl like this exist..neways will try to do my part and shoot a mail to adsense immediatly..:D

utsav

damn busy...
I wrote a cell phone review in january end which got very popular and a blog named www.subinson.wordpress.com copied it from my blog as it is without giving me any credits. i warned that blog owner but he didnt gave the credits to me and also he didnt removed the content. then i posted in wordpress forums abt this yesterday and in no time his blog got suspended :D

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I wrote a cell phone review in january end which got very popular and a blog named www.subinson.wordpress.com copied it from my blog as it is without giving me any credits. i warned that blog owner but he didnt gave the credits to me and also he didnt removed the content. then i posted in wordpress forums abt this yesterday and in no time his blog got suspended :D
niceee... :)

@nitish

dont wait.. try contacting him or else report to his host they will take down his site ;) (more details about the domain *whois.domaintools.com/365x24live.com)

_

din

Tribal Boy
@nitish_mythology

Why wait ? Contact him ASAP to remove the content. He should not do things like this.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
thnx for this info :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
dood this is so sick... ...but never tht tht ppl like this exist..

People like these do exist.

And so do people who pirate games.
And people who pirate movies.
And people who do not think twice before buying a pirated edition of a bestseller.

So while I sympathies with Nitish, let's not all of us get on our high horses. We do similar things all the time without realizing how much it could hurt.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
People like these do exist.

And so do people who pirate games.
And people who pirate movies.
And people who do not think twice before buying a pirated edition of a bestseller.

So while I sympathies with Nitish, let's not all of us get on our high horses. We do similar things all the time without realizing how much it could hurt.
Copying contents of a website and claiming it as your own is totally different from pirating movies and software.

One thing is we are not big companies raking millions in profit. The scale is different. I'm million times more affected if someone steals my content than a corp when someone steals their product. Technically 'content theft from websites' can be compared to 'identity theft' and not piracy. some one stealing my article and posting it in his blog and claiming it as his own is content theft... but if he somehow hacks, steals and uses my ebook/software that I'm selling online, that is piracy.. at this stage I dont care... but if he rebrands it and sells it as his own ebook/software I'm sure to get pissed off. Imagine can I pirate a software and claim that I'm the developer ?? I have to steal some code from it use it in my app and claim it as my own. So content theft is a few steps more than piracy.

I'm not charging anyone to read my blog. my content is free to read and use but with attribution. ;)

I'm not advocating piracy.. just telling that the comparison is not right.. IP stealing is different and far more serious issue than product stealing :)

Last edited:
OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Actually my XII board exams are on their way..Got Comp Science left..So all I m doing is study..
Thy wll end on 31st.Then I wll engage into this..else I feel I would b wasting my time right now on this! I wll wait fr 31st!

I have mailed him
This is to notify you that you have uploaded the book Java-A beginner's Approach without taking the prior permission. Moreover you have stripped off the author with his credit. Do remove the content as soon as possible!
Nitish

Was in a hurry so made it as simple and short as possible wth no formal tone involved!

Last edited:
OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Its been few days since I mailed him....Got no response!!!!
Moreover i have nt tried calling on any no... Thought to keep it as a last option!

Seems as if this is the host..
*branedge.com

wht to do now???

din

Tribal Boy
Send email to host etc, parallely, make a call and talk to them. That wil make things faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom