Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadabra

Journeyman
I have planned to put a website. Its mainly for the purpose of marketing and it contains 3 products that I intend to sell. It has a Cash On Delivery section in which customers can make purchases. Its has about 15 - 20 pages. I later on intend to add a Blog and a Forum to my site.

I wish to know what must I look for on the "SOFTWARE SIDE SUPPORT" when I look out for a hosting provider. Mainly to know what scripts and front end and backend support should I be needing to check from the Hosting Provider.

"Please do not mention of customer Care and Uptime I am well aware of it and please do not provide any free hosting plans."

tuxfan

Technomancer
Look for PHP + MySQL. You will find them in 99.99% of hosting packages. You will need them for almost everything that you want to do like shopping cart, blog (e.g. wordpress) and forum (e.g. phpBB, vBulletin)

You can look for cPanel hosting with ready shopping cart scripts. There are a few ready made shopping cart scripts available at *www.hotscripts.com. If you also have fantastico enabled in your cPanel hosting account you will have many ready scripts/applications that you can click and install :)

But for most of the things you will need PHP, MySQL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom