WebCast any idea is welcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
guys i need to do a web cast from my friends pc. He will demonstrate some tutorial and we need to access throughout internet. Basically a office purpose and those guys need help. They don't have static ip.(As i thought its required) Any idea you guys can give?
The web cast will be for 1hr daily for a month on there website!

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Do you need to keep it private ? Or public is fine ?
And it'll be video right ?

What about ustream.tv / justin.tv ?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Aww...

I remember I had broadcast an event in college :)
Try them out... they're really good.

Ustream is good for events... Justin.tv is good for selfcasting.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
wow ustream was awesome! Can u guys confirm me one thing.. can we webcast it on other site except the ustream!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
DARK LORD said:
Aww...

I remember I had broadcast an event in college :)
Try them out... they're really good.

Ustream is good for events... Justin.tv is good for selfcasting.

I wanted to know........My college has a bandwidth based plan, how much in terms of bandwidth would it work out per hour (MB/hr)? As it is a BSNL plan, its ADSL. The upstream bandwidth is restricted to 128kpbs or 256 kpbs, I am not sure. Is that sufficient for streaming?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well, I'd never worried about how much it uses since the college was paying :D

But yea, 128kbps is just about fine... 256kbps is preffered. 128 may have some dropped frames.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Let me put it this way. Upload rate is 128 kilobits/sec, so can we calculate the maximum bandwidth that would be consumed in an hour, assuming a constant data flow rate? Since the above is equal to 16 Kilobytes/sec, can we assume the bandwidth consumption is 16x60x60=57600 kilobytes/hour or 56.25 MB/hour?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Yes, if we consider a constant rate. But the rate would depend on the content being broadcasted. Something outdoors ( bright ) will consume more bandwidth then something indoors..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom