Web Site Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him007

Journeyman
Hi All
I need your help, I just created a website in simple HTML page, it is working fine.
But once I updated the website in CSS + Html pages, the site is not opening.
Please Help
Himanshu

go4saket

Check weather the hosting company supports CSS or not. Before that, check your website in your computer itself. If it works fine there, it surely is a problem with the hosting company.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I don't think the server needs to support css for it to work. CSS is a client side technology, right?

Anyway, i get the default plesk page on connecting to the ip address

tuxfan

Technomancer
Yes, URL of the file is important to trace out the error. Additionally, there is nothing like server support for CSS as CSS is client side and is handled by browsers.

Have you tried it in different browsers? I had a page which was working perfectly well in Firefox and was completely blank in IE :roll: So even that can happen.

Browsers still don't follow the standrards they are supposed to follow, with the biggest culprit being IE. But we can't ignore it as thats the one used by most people. :(

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm...it looks like you have given wrong path of the css file or something....but as everyone mentioned..we need a working URL of that page to trace the issue..

dreams

Gracias Senor
Just check whether the css file is in the same folder of the index page and whether you given the link to file correctly..

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
But tuxfan, don't you feel that most problems are due to developers not taking the time to fully understand a technology and coming up with quick fix solutions. Most of the code i see on the internet is highly amateurish and non-compliant with standards.

Just interested to know your view.

Deep

Version 2.0
I totally agree with ilugd, more than browers it's delvelopers who are careless...

XSS Attacks, mysql injections can be best example of this....

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
Hi

the url of the page is *junger-raidt.de/ (213.61.151.201). I want to send u html file + css script, but unable to send you.
In that url u will find only static HTML pages, once I update with css script, homepage is not opening..
Regards
Himanshu

thecyclone2k

In the zone
okay, man! just check that yourself out yourself. Is that the page you are trying to make??

If it can't figure that out, then, I would say - no it ain't.
It is the default server software installation page.

Please give the exact page url.
Or, upload all the files (.html, .css) in a zip and upload it to place like rapidshare and post the link.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Igot the files transferred from him via yim, but the files are ok. They even work on my iis. Most probably it is due to some misconfiguration. It seems the files are not in the website root directory. (He says that it worked previously though) becoz, when i typed the address as junger-raidt.de/index.html or junger-raidt.de/index.htm, I got a 404 response on my tcp parser.

Just checked, same error on my browser.

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
Thanks

Hi Everyone,
thecyclone2k & ilugd helped me lots. Now the website is working fine just have a look *junger-raidt.de .
The problem was the case sensitive problem.
Again Thnaks

Him007

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
still doesn't work Him007. I still see the misconfiguration report page.

BTW what was with the case sensitive stuff?

thecyclone2k

In the zone
hey ilugd is installation or configuration page not misconfiguration page.

And Him007, for the main domain to work you have to rename -
*junger-raidt.de/index.htm
to
*junger-raidt.de/index.html
(the difference is l i.e. L)
after doing it you have to edit all the pages and renames all the files with the new page link for home
index.htm (the current) to index.html

That's it,
and for suggestion for future, name all the website files (html, jpgs, css) in small and hyperlink/link them in small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom