Web programmer problem.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratikbagaria

Right off the assembly line
Dear,

Well i know HTML, and a bit of Java Script . Can work on Dreamveaver and Frontpage.... but i want to know more .... wht programming thing i shd learn after i know HTML... plz guide me ... will be thankful if u can give me the things to learn in a list.. cause when ever i try to learn something it say u must know other things first.... :?:

walking-techie

Journeyman
html is now nearly history, but its knowledge u will find it useful while learning the new things dhtml,cgi-perl,php-mysql, and dont forget xml

tuxfan

Technomancer
Whatever it_waaznt_me said is just right. Go for PHP. I wouldn't recommend ASP. Learn MySQL with PHP. There is a specific book on the topic. That will help you make dynamic pages.

BTW, howsoever outdated HTML may be, you must know it.

OP
P

pratikbagaria

Right off the assembly line
well thankz a lot... i know HTML is a kinda old ... but its useful .. and i know flash, photoshop, illustartor, coreldraw.....

go4inet

In the zone
pratikbagaria said:
Dear,

Well i know HTML, and a bit of Java Script . Can work on Dreamveaver and Frontpage.... but i want to know more .... wht programming thing i shd learn after i know HTML... plz guide me ... will be thankful if u can give me the things to learn in a list.. cause when ever i try to learn something it say u must know other things first.... :?:

Dude,

You have just opened your eyes on Web programming, b4 u close, there are tons to learn from WWW !

* XHTML
* DHTML
* PHP
* PHP3
* ASP
* ASP.NET
* CGI
* PERL
* PYTHON
* WML
* XWML

and more stuffs to pop soon... get ready & go 4 it :)

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm i think if your logic is clear then learning the any web coding...

basially in simple language...

prog languages are simple english nothing else...

for example...
if you want to say..if user enters 5 then say hi else say bye

so in php u write like this..

<?php
if ($variable==5)
{
echo "hi";
}
else
{
echo "bye";
}
?>

and in asp u write like this..

<%if numVariable = 5 then %>
Hi
<%else %>
Bye
<%end if %>

so the point is..logic remains same..what changes is syntax..and remember small pice of synatx should not be tough..

so i will suggest you to learn c, c++ and clear the logics then jump to php, asp whatever you want...(php will be my all time fav)

take help of *www.w3schools.com/ or download couple of ebooks...(i had referred to learn php in 24 hrs..did some 2-3 chapers and then got bugged so started coding..and as and when errors used to come...google helped me..and php.net helped me too...)

for asp.net i will suggest...going for ASP.Net unleashed..its a great book..worth buying it..

and for c, there is a book by author Yashwant kanetkar - Let us C...great book...it had used that book to learn C...

i hope this info helps you to decide...

cheers
Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom