Web Hosting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

╬Switch╬

In the zone
I am planning to start a website of my own. I have decided the domain name now what im thinking of is the webhosting. I want something cheep for the starting . I shall be working on PHP and MySQL & I need to have 4-5 databases. I have heard about *www.hostmonster.com/ they seem good to me. Can anyone help? :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
50 GB with 999 GB bandwidth for less than Rs. 3000 per year!! So cost per MB per year is less than 6 paise!! Looks fantastic! But don't you think its too cheap? It is too good to be true!! :)) Decent dedicated servers with 100 GB space costs around US $ 250 a month!

In this case, I will assume that they are hiding a few things.

Primarily, they are over-selling! They know you are not going to use so much space. So they sell the same space again and again. ;) Of course, over-selling is now an accepted industry norm and almost all providers do it.

Personally, I will not go with them. You get what you pay for. They may be selling a scooter and you may only need a bicycle. So may just be suitable to you. Try some pre-sales questions and see what answers you get.

anilmail17

Journeyman
if u are looking for a freeone then u shld try byethost31.com it supports php and mysql and gives 100mb free space with 3 mysql database and subdomains without any adv its just like a dream host we want

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
╬Switch╬ said:
I am planning to start a website of my own. I have decided the domain name now what im thinking of is the webhosting. I want something cheep for the starting . I shall be working on PHP and MySQL & I need to have 4-5 databases. I have heard about *www.hostmonster.com/ they seem good to me. Can anyone help? :)

This webhost is free and supports php+mysql. 5GB Space. I recd. an email from them saying No ADS! So i will recommend u. FTP also. You can have either a domain name or subdomain @ 1111mb.com like someone.1111mb.com lnk:*1111mb.com

I have two more free hosts but they are banner based. *www.9999mb.com and *www.fr33host.net Same Features as 1111mb except for space. Both of these provide 10GB!!
Note: All the above listings are not Indian!!
:shock: :D ;) :p

Last edited:

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Hehe! Just a small tip on choosing your host -
If you are offered 2TB (just example) space for $10 then, before buying it think - will ya a buy a car for $100?? Must be some catch for unrealistic offers ain't it?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Well if you seem scared of overselling companies like Dreamhost, Bluehost and Hostmonster...try www.asmallorange.com - very reliable and great hosting!

BTW Hostmonster and Bluehost are one and the same thing.....Hostmonster is another company set up by Bluehost!

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
I checked out asmallorange.com and I am thinking of the small plan which gives 400mb space and 10 gigs of bandwidth for 5$ per month.
Can anyone tell me howmuch traffic can I recieve with 10 GB bandwidth?

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
Kalpik is right. Thats a lot of bandwidth for a small site and don't worry about it at all.

I am hosting a image oriented site which has about 500 visitors a day. It consumes about half of that in a month.

tuxfan

Technomancer
awardspace looks good, except for a few problems in free accounts.
  1. SMTP is not available. That means you can't use your domain for sending mails :(
  2. File size limit 500 kb
  3. No email forwaders
  4. No password protected directories. This may not matter much ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom