Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I want a good hosting service for a forum.I read many reviews about godaddy being the most affordable & reliable.What do you think?

help me please

Thank U

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
there are various ones u can try :-

*www.phpbb.com (paid)

*www.xsorbit.com (though it offers free also)

*www.forumer.com (both paid and free)

u could also make ur own forum using php and upload it to any web server. that might be cheaper.

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
I can offer you hosting. Do you want a phpbb forum (FREE) or you have a paid IPB OR VBULLETIN FORUM.

If you are interested then please PM ME

Thanks!

Get some space from free hosting services like dhost.info or zeeblo.com and install a froum there!!
phpBB forums provided by forumer are not modable

tuxfan

Technomancer
I can give you paid hosting space from where you can install (a few clicks!) and use a phpBB forum. PM me if you are interested. Even I can install it for you.

godaddy sucks!! Don't go there.

However, for free forums, also have a look at *www.proboards.com ;)

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
try gohindi.com, they have very affordable linux webhosting...

they will have fantastico script installed with ur package which enables u to install phpbb, phpnuke, xoops and several other cms, forums, photo galleries in one click.
its too good...

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Space: 250mb; bandwidth: 5gb and everything else unlimited for Rs. 1100 a year or Rs. 100 monthly. You can PM me for more details.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Wow..good business going on here..think u guys can disclose your prces via pm..

Btw, vineetrocks2005- why dont u first try with a free forum, a forum is not all fun and games..considering the number of forums around..i can see many empty ones..but if u have enuf patience and are sure u can attract registartions..go for it...

i would also recommend www.invisionfree.com fr a free forum.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Wow!! thecyclone2k is offerring real good rates for hosting :) Go for it!

If you face any problems you can switch hosting any time ;) from one service to another or from paid to free and vice versa. Chaging hosting is not a big problem. Just takes 48 hours for DNS to propogate all thourghout. Give it a try :)

thecyclone2k

In the zone
tuxfan said:
If you face any problems you can switch hosting any time ;) from one service to another or from paid to free and vice versa. Chaging hosting is not a big problem. Just takes 48 hours for DNS to propogate all thourghout. Give it a try :)

This has never happened with us though!

din

Tribal Boy
vineetrocks2005 said:
I read many reviews about godaddy being the most affordable & reliable.
Thank U

Godaddy may be good for domains and they are good for hosting too. But if u r planning to run forums, use php (scripts) a lot etc, don't go for em. I was usin godaddy for hosting (for one of my clients) but had some trouble running php (some config problem, settings etc)

cheetah

In the zone
Or buy webspace from ebay.in . My friend bought 500 mb webspace for 499 INR. And the hosting is good. All feedback and ratings are positive. Item number is 9715271778. Seller : hoststafinet .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom