Web Designing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digster

Broken In
Hey, plz do suggest me some good web designing websites. Tutorial based websites would be welcomed. You can consider me of as amateur level though advanced topics would not be a problem.

And of all, the most important, plz suggest me a good platform to publish the site with- should i go the blogging way(say blogster/wordpress etc) or by other means such as synthasite.

Also plz suggest a few good free hostin options( I'm a student :eek:).

Tht wld be good for now.

Last edited:

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
go for www.110mb.com
2gb free hosting space..
NO ADS.

check it out.
for tutorials goto w3schools
for software go for WYSIWYG Web builder...

SUDE

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
And of all, the most important, plz suggest me a good platform to publish the site with- should i go the blogging way(say blogster/wordpress etc) or by other means such as synthasite.
it will depend on what kind of site you want to make. If you want to make a personal site..than go for it. And I will recommend wordpress over bloggers.

If you want to have more options with your website, than you can go for CMS like joomla, Drupal. (I recommend Drupal)

Also plz suggest a few good free hostin options( I'm a student :eek:).

Tht wld be good for now.
110mb.com is good free reliable host except few limitations like SMTP off.

why not spend few bucks and get a tension free reliable hosting, will hardly cost maximum rs. 500/- per year.

OP
D

digster

Broken In
Hmmm...tht seem like quite a few damn good options.

Well, now tht thing tackled, I am also quite interested in adding those extra cool elements some of the websites have, like the link preview functionality,rolling menus(mostly javascript stuff), but i did like some sites which let u add this stuff without much hassles.

Any thoughts?:cool:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Well, now tht thing tackled, I am also quite interested in adding those extra cool elements some of the websites have, like the link preview functionality,rolling menus(mostly javascript stuff), but i did like some sites which let u add this stuff without much hassles.

Any thoughts?:cool:
All will depend on your site script. If you dont know any script..but want them on your site, than go for blogging script or CMS. They have lots of cool Addons to offer.

Last edited:
OP
D

digster

Broken In
Well, I meant the ones like in where u just hve to insert the code in ur html code and they work.

Btw speaking of free domain names, one of my friends suggested me www.freedomains.co.nr where u get a free .co.nr extension.

Are there ne other similar options out there??

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Btw speaking of free domain names, one of my friends suggested me www.freedomains.co.nr where u get a free .co.nr extension.

Are there ne other similar options out there??
Some good free domain name provider:
*www.web-tut.com/getting-started/free-domain-name/

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Any reasons? I am experimenting with CMS and I have heard a lot about Joomla. Not as much about Drupal.
I tested almost all free CMS, and finally settled with drupal. It is easy to learn and customize with lots of modules. Only thing it lacks is some cool themes.

I have made most of mine site either in drupal or wordpress.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I tested almost all free CMS, and finally settled with drupal. It is easy to learn with lots of modules. Only thing it lacks is some cool themes.
Cool then! No harm trying that too. :) Any specific difference between Drupal & Joomla though?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Cool then! No harm trying that too. :) Any specific difference between Drupal & Joomla though?
Not much.......
Drupal has a block system, which lets you put anything at any place. You can even assign on which pages that block should be shown, and what user can see. This make Drupal's all themes adsense ready :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom