web designing tool??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

Dreamweaver is a pretty good choice. Moreover, it supports, PHP, ASP, JSP pages too. High cost may cause a problem though

bukaida

In the zone
Try with Macromedia Home site. It produces relatively clean code (no extra tags). Also has a built in CSS editor. It has a 30 days full featured trial period which is sufficient time to build your web site.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
You can even use MS Word :)

The kind of s/w you are asking for are called WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors.

tuxfan

Technomancer
M$ Word and Frontpage are a complete NO-NO for web page designing. The pages that they make will work only in IE. In other browsers, they may appear skewed. Additionally, the code that Word rights is bloated with useless things. Dreamweaver has a function called "Clean-Up Word HTML" :lol: which reduces the size of the file by almost 50% without altering the appearance.

You can use dreamweaver (paid) or NVu (freeware). Both are nice.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Oh yes, you surely can! There are many free hosting providers available that let you have a subdomain (e.g. yourname.theirsite.com) or a directory (theirsite.com/yourname). Features vary from service proivder to provider. Look for something with PHP+MySQL and try for a cPanel (the best in my opinion) ;)

Third Eye

gooby pls
tuxfan said:
Oh yes, you surely can! There are many free hosting providers available that let you have a subdomain (e.g. yourname.theirsite.com) or a directory (theirsite.com/yourname). Features vary from service proivder to provider. Look for something with PHP+MySQL and try for a cPanel (the best in my opinion) ;)

I want to create a website www.myownname.com without domain and subdomain.is this possible ? or i need to pay some money.

Third Eye

gooby pls
ravi_pintu2001@yahoo.com said:
@tech_mastermind...........u cant get a website like www.myownname.com without paying.
how can u get a domain name without paying...domain name r nt free.

however there r sm free domain name also..like www.yourname.tk .. www.yourname.co.nr .. www.yourname..uni.cc

try these..

Thanks for the link.can you explain me what is domain ? i don't know much.

ahref

In the zone
I want to create a website www.myownname.com without domain and subdomain.is this possible ? or i need to pay some money.
You can create a site without domain or subdomain, but then you need an IP to access that site. I created & installed my blog without domain, and later I purchased domain. But I have an IP with me.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
tech_mastermind said:
Thanks for the link.can you explain me what is domain ? i don't know much.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name *computer.howstuffworks.com/dns.htm will help you. Also, see this *computer.howstuffworks.com/question222.htm but I am not sure how relevant it is.

harmax

Journeyman
kuldeep bhardwaj said:
hi friends
is there any tool which enables 1 to make a website just drag & dropping images,editing text and flashes?????????

try *webpage-maker.com/ its kool and powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom