Web Builders and Flash Designers, Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I am designing some websites.
1) The first website is completely created with Flash. It may take some time to load on the internet so can you tell me how to put a loading page with a progrss bar?

2) Can you tell me with which language (HTML, XHTML,ASP etc) is the fastest. I want it to be attarctive and fast. I know I must reduce picture size but the rest........ :?: :?:

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
sujithtom said:
I am designing some websites.
1) The first website is completely created with Flash. It may take some time to load on the internet so can you tell me how to put a loading page with a progrss bar?
This is called as a prelaoder ;)

*www.purephotoshop.com/view.php?id=84&title=Preloader Techniques With The Sound Object
*www.entheosweb.com/Flash/preloader1.asp

sujithtom said:
2) Can you tell me with which language (HTML, XHTML,ASP etc) is the fastest. I want it to be attarctive and fast. I know I must reduce picture size but the rest........ :?: :?:

Well it depends on your site. If you are making a site that is updates very regularly try PHP or ASP else html will do your job ;)

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

vbtech

Broken In
Well, HTML sites are definitely fast as they do not requires the involvement of server processing and any request to the file can be simply fulfilled by just giving the address to the browser.

As fas as ASP and PHP are concerned, ASP is a much more simple and powerful technology with a faster development time.

Regards.

Kshitij

India Developer Network
www.indiadevnet.com

Deep

Version 2.0
vbtech said:
As fas as ASP and PHP are concerned, ASP is a much more simple and powerful technology with a faster development time.

I am sorry but I wont agree here..
I will always go for PHP because its flexible..it works on any platform :)

and i think PHP might have much more functions than ASP but i am not sure about it....ASP has something like GD Library ? to create images dynamically or to create stats ?

take care
Deep

techie_it

Broken In
I have a feeling ASP is a bit slower and difficult to learn
Dude.....ASP is Not at All Difficult to lear, i had a situation where in i had learn ASP inorder to Complete My Project @ ICICI , and I finished it in 2 weeks ........It all Depends on ur Attitude...lol

Deep

Version 2.0
yup i agree with you here..

your logic should be clear..then nothig will be tough...

its just simple english code which you have to rememer some how..

that's it

Deep

vbtech

Broken In
Well both the languages ASP and PHP are powerful and has very rich functions available, one should go with the language on which he/she is most comfortable with.

Regarding PHP flexibility, yes it is right that PHP sites can work on both platform windows as well as Linux, and a lot of open source projects like forums etc are also available on PHP.

On the second thought, windows hosting price are almost equal to Linux hosting so it does not matters to host your website on Windows Server, and also new technologies like ASP.net is gaining wider acceptance among developers, which is evolved from ASP and is very promising

so it is a matter of personal choice and understanding and the choice is ALL YOURS.

rnaik

Broken In
I agree, both languages r powerful, and one should try to stick any one language. I like ASP, PHP also can be used.

Deep

Version 2.0
Topic is more than a year old and it shouldnt be bumped without any specific reason..

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom