Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I have installed WBEL(White box enteprise linux)which is based on RHEL 3.0
It has no video player.I would like to install kaffeine or xine.I think kaffeine is based on xine.So what are the packages I need to install to install kaffeine.

sba

Journeyman
I don't hv any experience with WBET but if it is like RHEL then you should install YUM and configure it with a repository of your choice (DAG's repository probably?). If you've ever used Debian/Mandriva/SuSE then YUM is like apt/urpmi/YaST so you'll have all the packages you want at your finger tips ;)

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
xine-lib installed ok but got an error while compliling kaffeine saying
"Cannot include X".What do I do

sba

Journeyman
you don't have xorg dev libs installed. in any case YUM doesn't require you to compile stuff mate.

please start using YUM. you won't need to worry about dependencies.

e-freak

Broken In
Yum is the package manager for Redhat. It helps u install software from online repositories(repos) and also resolves any dependencies on its own.

You might like to check this link...

*home.gagme.com/greg/linux/fc4-tips.php

If you are on a Redhat based system that shud work fine for u.

sba

Journeyman
Then you should first solve your modem problem or better...do what I did; buy an external modem ;)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
vignesh said:
Does an internal modem work in PCQlinux 2005.I just got the issue today.
Making an internal modem work in any GNULinux distribution is a trick, Problem is with modems which do not support Linux, and not the other way round. There are many threads in this section dealing with internal modems, dig them out.

Also see if this driver works for you.
*db.ilug-bom.org.in/lug-authors/anurag/HSF-linmodem-5.03.27-tar.gz
This driver is for users having modem based on HSF chipset.

Note: This is a mirror of a link given by Ujjwal sometime back.

sba

Journeyman
Go to linmodems.org, download the scanmodem tool and scan your PC with it. It will tell you the kind of chipset on your modem and will also direct you to the URLs where you can find the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom