wats difference between mac & windows ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gycapri

Broken In
well any1 know how mac is different from windows ???

can any1 also tell wats the difference in boths hardware???

if i want mac then wat i have to change the whole system or only CPU or any component of CPU

can i install mac's os on my pc ????

i dont know much abt mac .

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Well... Mac OS is developed by Apple computers and these OSes are used for Apple PC's.

Check the following site for more details..

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Mac Os X is an OS developed by Apple to run on its computers.

As of today, OS X is PPC only. i.e. it runs on the Power Pc platform.

But, Apple are converting to x86 shortly. But still, you won't be able to install on your PC legally.

The main difference between Os X and Windows is the core of the system. Windows XP is Nt-based and OS X is based on Darwin which is a Unix OS in its own right.

The GUI of OS X is called Aqua and it is PDF-based.

The processors in Macs are sourced from 2 different companies. The G5 is sourced from IBM and the G4 is sourced from Freescale(formerly AIM i.e Apple-IBM-Motorola which was a consortium of the three companies)

The motherboard is generic. The Ram is same as any DDR ram used in PCs and Apple sources most of its memory from Corsair.

The hard disk is same as the ones used in a PC and are sourced from Seagate.

Due to its secure Unix base and advance level of security, there are NO viri for OS X. There are a few exploits around which can max skip a song in itunes.. not more :)

The user interface of Mac is extremely beautiful and does not have any comparisons. It features a dock to launch/exit applications.

With technlogies like Exposé™ and Spotlight, OS X seems atleast three generations ahead of any other OS.

Spotlight searches for any file on your hard disk within seconds. This is a feature which is expected only in Vista.

Well, there are a few retards who say there are no software for mac but 5 quality software are better than 3242342 bug-ridden, spyware prone and ugly ones.

As far as the cost, the basic Mac Mini model costs 26k and includes 15k worth of software including the OS, iLife containing video and sound editing software and a full-fledged office application.

I may add that the G4 is an extremely efficient processor and a G4 1.4 ghz can be roughly compared to a P4 2.4-2.6 ghz.

The top of the line quad g5(dual dual g5) has little comparison at the moment. Only the Itanium and the top of the line Xeon processors are comparable.

The g5 1.9-2.1 ghz used in an iMac can be compared to a P4 3.2 ghz or an AMD 3200-3400+

I use OS X 10.4 on my mac mini btw :)

Edit- flameboys please don't bother ;)

OP
G

gycapri

Broken In
if i want mac then wat i have to change the whole system or only CPU or any component of CPU

can i install mac's os on my pc ????

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
1. U have to purchase the whole CPU as a MAC (Apple's iMac i think or a PowerBook)

2. No you cant unless u wanna use it via an Emulator called "PearPC"

I dunno about the upcoming Intel Artitecture... Mail2And can explain tht better :)

Buy a Mac and change "possible" to "accomplished" 8)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
vijay_7287 said:
after it is made compatible with the x86 base

why cant we use it legally ???

Because Apple is a hardware company and they make their OS for their hardware. They do not license their OS to be used on x86 hardware or for that matter even PPC hardware not sold by them.

The Mac line:

Basic: Mac Mini, eMac

Portable: iBook, PowerBook

Power: iMac, PowerMac

Server: xServe

The iMac, iBook, Mac Mini are the consumer line machines.. the eMac is the education line mac.. the powermac and the powerbook are the pro-sumer line macs..

OP
G

gycapri

Broken In
how much mac costs & why mac isnt popular than windows around me ,dont know but mac luks better ,i dont find mac near to me & also in market

1yr ago when i was buying pc why i dont got any call to buy mac .is mac rare in my city ,its lucknow.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dude - Read carefully first coz mail2and's a MaC user ;)

mail2and said:
As far as the cost, the basic Mac Mini model costs 26k and includes 15k worth of software including the OS, iLife containing video and sound editing software and a full-fledged office application.

U can contact an apple distributor (the number will be in digit mag ;)) and they will be glad to sell u one ;)

Oh and BTW - see this - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac ;)

jay4u

In the zone
gycapri yes it is possible to run mac on Pc.... you need a mac dvd and a virtual PC kind of emulator... search for it in google and you will find one... i have seen it somewhere....

You can wait for sometime as using greapvine sources, it iis said that mac can be shifted on intel as early as march - april 2006..... cant gaurantee but if it is portable on over p4 machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom