Wats a LAN party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It's usually found in the west. Basically a couple of people assemble at a common location with their PC's and set it up so that they can play games against each other on LAN. This kind of gaming does not involve the internet in any way and people can enjoy really low latencies and pings which you can't get if you play over the internet.
Lanparty is also the name of a series of motherboards made by DFI.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
A slight correction. It usually involves more than two people. Two people isn't really a party :p

To know how big a LAN Party can be, check out QuakeCon here:

*quakecon.org/

mamba said:
ne ppl in2 lan partiez in delhi ??

A lan party can be ANYWHERE dude! All u need is a group of people with access to an exclusive comp on lan!
For example, consider the stret on which you live. If u got frens nearby ur place with computers, u guys can very well set-up ur own lan n play games!

mamba

In the zone
futuristically_ancient said:
mamba said:
ne ppl in2 lan partiez in delhi ??

A lan party can be ANYWHERE dude! All u need is a group of people with access to an exclusive comp on lan!
For example, consider the stret on which you live. If u got frens nearby ur place with computers, u guys can very well set-up ur own lan n play games!

dude the purpose of my query on this digit forum was specifically 4 forum members in n around delhii (so we could meet up n frag) , not my mohalle-walas :lol:

besides ppl around here ( where i live ) , r dodoz . dunno nething bout compz leave out a lan party

geek_rohit

In the zone
I'm in Gurgaon and would love to play multiplayer. Reliance webworlds and Sify Gamedromes are quite ok to play mulitplayer, though I havn't played there myself but have heard that they do organise multiplayer gaming.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Geek_Rohit: Can you tell me anything about Sify Gamedrome. I can see two places in Bhubaneshwar marked with the Gamedrome logos but they havent started operations yet. Can you please tell me what all games do they offer and what prices?

Reliance Webworld offers multiplayer gaming but at ridiculously high prices IMHO. A LAN party is always the best alternative if you desire great ping times and an awesome muliplayer expirience.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Though I don't know much about the games they have. But this site has a list of some
*www.iway.com/display_game.php?game=index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom