1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Water + Nanoelectronics = Super Density stoage Devices

Discussion in 'Technology News' started by dharmeshhtailor, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dharmeshhtailor

dharmeshhtailor New Member

We all know that you should never mix water and electronics but researchers have demonstrated that a little water can help create ultra-dense storage systems for computers and electronics.

A team of experimentalists and theorists at the University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University and Harvard University have found a new way to effectively store large amounts of data . They have found a way of controlling ferroelectricity in nanostructures by terminating their surfaces with fragments of water. with this new tetchnology they are able to do this:

"Though a scheme for the dense arrangement and addressing of these nanowires remains to be developed, such an approach would enable a storage density of more than 100,000 terabits per cubic centimeter. If this memory density can be realized commercially, a device the size of an iPod nano could hold enough MP3 music to play for 300,000 years without repeating a song or enough DVD quality video to play movies for 10,000 years without repetition."

Full story: http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/article.php?id=956

2. mihirvashist

mihirvashist New Member

this was good one and i would like to hear more about it

3. kuldeep bhardwaj

kuldeep bhardwaj New Member

this was coolest dude
    i will want u 2 give us such type of precious knowledge.
    i ll b eager 2 have more bout it as i m n electronics engg. student

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.