Wat would be the likely cost of this config ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinyas

In the zone
proces : C2D E6600
Mobo : ASUS (P5W DH Deluxe)
Gpu: 7600Gs Xfx
Ram : 512 * 2 (DDR - II @ 667) - transcend (i heard We get only Fake Corsair Pieces in India)
Smps: 500 Watts Zebronics
Hdd : 250Gb Seagate Baracuda @ 7200 Rpm
Moniter : 21' Philips Crt
Cabinet : Zebronics Lava
Ups : 800 va Apc

Standard Keyboard & Logitech optical Mouse

Guys pls Let me know on this

As of now we dont have E6600 Readily avaliable here ... may be gt2 wait another couple ... before that would like to Finalise the other Peripherals

cheers

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
I doubt whether e6600 is available in India.

Don't know about ASUS (P5W DH Deluxe), but ASUS P5LD2-VMSE = Rs 4950
RAM = Rs 5000 to 6000 (RAM prices have shot up recently)
HDD = Rs 4100
SMPS Zebronics 500W = Rs 1300
Mouse + keyboard = Rs500

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
What is the usage of this system?
You have chosen absolutely incorrect pieces for gaming.

Get this instead:
E6300
P5B
Geforce 7900GT
2 X 1GB DDR2 667 Corsair Value (D9 chips)
Cooler Master 450 or better
17" CRT

For a better card like 1900XT you will need to come down to AM2 3500.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
The E6600 is much more superior than the E6300
The P5B is 965 Northbridge whereas the P5W is 975
and now why are you suggesting a lower inch monitor for "gaming" = 17" ?

His piece taste looks expensive but for his graphic card. A 1 GB RAM is sufficient for XP, 2 might be for Vista, and try getting a GT based card rather than GS, that's if your budget permits.

OP
V

vinyas

In the zone
akshayt said:
What is the usage of this system?
You have chosen absolutely incorrect pieces for gaming.

Get this instead:
E6300
P5B
Geforce 7900GT
2 X 1GB DDR2 667 Corsair Value (D9 chips)
Cooler Master 450 or better
17" CRT

For a better card like 1900XT you will need to come down to AM2 3500.

@ akshayt :very strange of u 2 ask me to downgrade ... i guess u need to Do some Research urself E6600 > E6300 anybody will tell u that

also P5W >P5B has more slots ... & can oveclocked well too

as for as Ram ... will add 1 gb more later

i gues u need to brush up ur Info on C2D stuff

@QwertyManiac : is 7600Gt good enough ?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Avinyas and all posters here, your concepts are pretty weak. Let me explain.

1) A faster CPU is a little faster in most games than a lower CPU. True

But, do you need all that performance power if you game and have a good graphic card. No

If I buy a high end CPU with a mainstream CPU, will I be able to compensate that GPU power by the CPU. No

A64 3200 + 1900XT > E6600 + 7600GT for most of today's games
A64 3200 + 7600GT>= E6600 + 7600GS for most of today's games

When I mean greater in the first case, I mean greater by a lot.

The A64 will play MW on 12X10 MAX AA AF or higher just fine whereas your system will be play it on 10X7 MAX no AA no AF at the very most, maybe something lor than this.
A low end CPU with a high end CPU can do the job.

A mainstream CPU with a performance mainstream/high end CPU is good as well.

However a mainstream CPU with a upper mainstream GPU is not that good, or anywhere close. A high end CPU with a low end GPU is crap.

E6300 + 7900GT = 10X7/12X10 MAX with or with AA and AF in even todays more intensive games.

E6600 + 7600GT = 10X7 Med or up to 10X7 Max no AA/AF in the same kind of ames

E6600 + 7600GS = 10X7 Med or even low for the same kind of games. or maybe med to high.

You simply won't be benefited enough by a E6600. Although it is better, it is not in your budget. Why don't you get a E6700. Because it is not in your budget. Similarly the P5W is not in your budget either.

For gaming, GPU is all that counts. PERIOD.
You just need the right amount of RAM with it and as of now a weak CPU mostly does the job.

2)1GB of RAM won't cut it. You can get X6800 + 1950XTX and yet your gameplay will be crap unless you have atleast 2GB RAM. You will need >1GB RAM in games like BF2, FEAR, Quake 4 and maybe more, mostly probably GRAW and maybe Prey as well. All near future games will need 2-4GB RAM for optimum play.

3)A weak GPU is not going to cut it. You can do google etc but it won't cut it. As for overclockability for CPU, E6400 is very good and E6300 isn't bad either. After you overclock them you have all the performance in the world that you need.

4)Get P5B or DS3, anything over that is not in your budget at all and even these aren't in your budget. What the hell will you do with a lot more slots. DS3 is a good overclocker as well, but there is no point of overclocking to play at 800*600 low settings when you can get to play at 12X10 MAX without overclocking.

5)Please tell you total budget and your prime usage?

6)7600GT is not enough how ever, playability as follows:

Low Intensive games : 12X10 MAX or higher : UT04, San Andreas

Med Intensive Games : 10X7 MAX no AA : MW HL2:Loast Coast(may run better) etc

Max Intensive Games : FEAR: 10X7 MAX no AA no AF no softshadows
Oblivion : 10X7 Med
GRAW : 10X7 Med

Near future max intensive games: 10X7 low to med or med
Near future med intensive games: 10X7 med or 10X7 med to high/max

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The config he wanted before was fine. No need to buy a 7900GT for 17k only to have it obsolete in Jan '07 when Vista and DirectX 10 release.
In fact no one should spend more than 10k on a graphics card now. It's going to be a huge waste.
Look at it this way, you will use your processor for 3-4 years atleast so spend good money and get a E6600. But the graphics card will have to be replaced real soon. Why spend so much on it to enjoy games for a few months?

@Vinya: Buy the 7600GS if you MUST play games right now. Else save money by getting a Geforce 6200 or using onboard graphics and buy a DX10 card when it releases.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
you won't use your cpu for 3-4 yrs. quad core will be out by the end of the year, why do you spend so much on the cpu then.
Dx 10 will be in his budget after a yr, no point waiting so much

OP
V

vinyas

In the zone
i am need of More Processing Power THAN High end Graphics

Main Needs :
Video & Audio Editing & authoring... this Where i need power
Decent Gaming ... no Hi-Funda Games....i am a Moderate Gamer
Data Compression & extracting mainly on Wirar...will be working on more than 10 gb files ... which will be in split archives...extracting & compressin times are really critical
huge amount of conversion from one format to another ...again TIME is the focus

thats why i need a Prcoessing Monster than compared to Gaming Maniac,since my work will be based on trail & error ...Lots of experimenting ... time & speed is more important to me...than High End Graphics

i dont mind having a Mid-Range Graphics Card,Sole Purpose of Getting this config is NOT GAMING at all,more in need to processing power,i am ready scarifice graphics for more processing power

@akshayt ... thinx for ur concern ... ur explanation seems to primarily based on Hight End Gaming ... pls consider my needs

@drvarunmehta ... i dont mind waiting till Dx10 arrives...will get a Decent Mid Range Card now .. which will serve the purpose .. a card around 5-6 k is good enough for me

based on the above needs in mind,pls guide me thru

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
According to me the config you gave in the first post itself is quite good.
However you should get a single 1 GB RAM chip and add another one when Vista releases. You don't want to waste 2 out of 4 RAM slots just to run in dual channel mode for a few months.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I suggest you get that E6600 but atleast 2GB RAM and upgrade to 4GB later, also get atleast 300GB SATA II NCQ

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
NCQ- Native Command Que or Queing

Makes HDD upto 33% faster

Better still 7900GS at 15k or 7900GT at 17k

Last edited:
OP
V

vinyas

In the zone
akshayt said:
NCQ- Native Command Que or Queing

Makes HDD upto 33% faster

Better still 7900GS at 15k or 7900GT at 17k

bro... thnx for ur view . .. was i said will wait for DX10.... thwn will invest heavy on graphics

suggest me a card for 5.5 - 6k for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom