Wat to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybutt

Broken In
its upgrade time again....
guyz, im lookin to upgrade so dat i can play games like far cry n doom3 n cold fear....wid decent or good quality
I got meself Win XP Pro runnin P4 machine wid 2Ghz ,768 MB DDR an D845GLAD board ....i wud like to upgrade d least amt of things to be able to play dese games.........wat shud i upgrade....also keep the moolah to a min ....Plz help me wid dis...thnx in advance..................

OP
crazybutt

crazybutt

Broken In
Thnx John.......is d mobo ok.....or a change cud juice it up.......how abt if i wanna play Far cry at 1024*768 with eye candy.....is it possible wid d card u suggested???

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
mobo is fine and u could surely play FARCRY @1024*768 with eye candy.

But do u have a slot for graphics card, AGP OR PCI-e. And see if this is ur mobo *www.baber.com/baber/411/intel_d845glad.htm

If yes then u don't have and AGP OR PCI-E slot. U will not be able to use the 6600 gfx card.

Then I would suggest that u upgrade ur mobo but unfortunately u may also have to upgrade ur processor. As newer mobo may not support ur proc.

Plz reply.

OP
crazybutt

crazybutt

Broken In
Sorry john.........had got my exam week in between dis.............nyway dat is my mobo (unfortunately!!) an as u say ill have to replace d entire engine inside.........so wat do i do to get me Far Cry up n runnin wid all d fancy!!

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
if u r changin ur entire engine

then go for AMD

AMD athlon64 3200+
ASUS k8n-e
with a XFX geforce 6600 non gt

all this would come for abt 20k

OP
crazybutt

crazybutt

Broken In
vijay.....is it neccy to change evrything...i wud like to prevent it as much as possible.......u c.........i hav d inclination....but no money!!!!

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
well u say u dont have an AGP slot

so u need to change the mobo to add the GFX card

maybe u can keep the proc
in tht case u need to go for the intel mobo only

the prob is ur proc has 434 socket
and all the new mobo have the lga 775 socket
u can mount ur proc onto these boards dont worry abt tht

just try findin the board with least cost
which has an agp or a pcie slot
ideally
865gbf for AGP
915gav for PCIE

and even here the PCIE costs more

u might get 865gbf with an AGP slot for abt 3000 bucks , depending on brand choice ...

and as far as the GFX card is concerned going for a 6600 is the only option if u wanna play farcry at a decent resolution !!!

OP
crazybutt

crazybutt

Broken In
Thnx to both of u guyz...............speedy replies n all...........will find d least cost and reply as soon as i can...............btw vijay,how can i mount me proc onto these boards widout probs......(do i need to know it now?? if yes, plz direct me to d ans!!)

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
there shouldnt be any prob dude

even if there is one u will always have the old machine naa

thts the best part of a total upgrade !!!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yes, u can mount the 478 ones on 865 and 875 kinda mobos... I recommend u get 875 if ok for the little extra edge... ;)

OP
crazybutt

crazybutt

Broken In
Yes, i go into hibernation for six months aftr evry reply......so sorry for dis pace....
me upgrading to AMD athlon 64 3200+ wid ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard and Xfx geforce 6600 non gt 256 MB.........

But me be confused abt.....is asus k8n-e bettr dan a8n-vm and also .....agent 001 mentions dat 6600 based graphic cards dont really step up wid 256 MB ram....dey r as eesi as wid 128 Mb.....wat do i do buddiis????
also wat if i decide to pay a little extra....is 6800 worth d dough or wat??

sorri 4 dis constt naggin but im rel weak wid dis $hit.....plz reply dood...i dunno how long i can hold my parents in dis givin state of mind....HURRI

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
ASUS K8N-E is a socket 754 mobo and it has a AGP slot (which is slowly but surely going to be obsolete). Don't buy it.

Go for ASUS A8N-VM. Another option would be ASUS A8N-E but it doesnot have a onboard gfx as A8N-VM. Both are 939 socket mobo so when u buy an AMD64 3200+ u will be able to get the VENICE core (which runs cooler and consumes less power).

Both A8N-VM and A8N-E has PCI-E 16x slot ( which is latest technology unlike AGP) so buy a PCI-E gfx card. Read in digit that xfx 6600gt 128 is available for 7500/- only. So if can buy it, will give much better performace than 6600 256mb non gt.

But if want to buy 6800 then buy xfx/or any brand 6800GS will give equal or better performance than 6800gt and will cost u around 4-5K less.

For price it is better u search ur local place (the 5th dimension).

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
hi, 6800 is obviously better than 6600. But as ur going in for a new system, have u taken in account the cost for power supply, and new ram. I would suggest that if ur going in for new sys then get new 512 ram with good speed and also u will definetly need new power supply, so set aside another 5K for both ram and GOOD power supply......so if u have money better than going for 6800 buy the above stuff and still if u have money go for 1GB ram(512+512). MOBO and PROC is ur choice.prefer AMDproc :wink:

P.S .=>I know how parents swing and how desperate ur to get hands on new machine till they r in mood to spend :lol: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom