wat the crap!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys im running windows server 2000 in my other comp its loaded with 256mb ram and an intel 845 mobo....the prob is everytime i try to install gta sa the pc just shuts down after sometime...dis also happens when u run a spyware scan with Microsoft anti spyware.Its not the prob with the ups or power thing cuz i switch on the pc for almost the whole day and surf the net and all but it only happens when i install a game or run a spycheck with MIS.wats wrong is its a virus/spyware????please help me :roll: :cry:

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Might as well, just clean your RAM module with a soft thin smooth cloth. Also, try vaccum-cleaning the Ram slot & then try again.
If the problem persists, try bringing in someone else's RAM module to check whether there is any problem with the slot or with your module.

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
guys r u not sure its not spyware or a virus cuz sum 1 had said:

"First of all, is this problem occurring only when you install GTA: SA? This is also happening when you run a spyware scan, right? Get rid of MS anti-spyware, its "stupid". Get either Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware Pro (links in a minute...) then run the spyware test and then try to install it.

Is this spybot S&d gud and is nod32(av) gud or shud i install nis 2004 cuz i have it.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
run the directX test and make sure every thing pass.
try reinstalling DirectX if there is still problem.

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Re: wat the ****!!!!!

chwamiki said:
hey guys im running windows server 2000 in my other comp its loaded with 256mb ram and an intel 845 mobo....the prob is everytime i try to install gta sa the pc just shuts down after sometime...dis also happens when u run a spyware scan with Microsoft anti spyware.Its not the prob with the ups or power thing cuz i switch on the pc for almost the whole day and surf the net and all but it only happens when i install a game or run a spycheck with MIS.wats wrong is its a virus/spyware????please help me :roll: :cry:

definitely ram problem, abt the title, dude, really............

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
wat really wats wrong wit the title its fine there are no slangs i just used "*" so wats dere why is every1 commenting anyways its ok wit me

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
chwamiki said:
how do i run the direct x test :wink:

1. Just go to Control Panel
2. Click Other control options in the sidebar
3. Click DirectX icon and click Dxdiag in the window that opens
4. This will open a DirectX diagnostic tool. Choose Display Tab and click either of the two tests( Direct3d or directdraw)

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
this was wat was displayed when i ran the direct 3d test
"Failed at step 1(Loading Direct3D DLL):HRESULT=0x80004005(Generic Failure)"
then after i clicked on Ok it displayed this "The test to use
hardware accelerated Direct 3D 9 was skipped because
the display driver does not support it.You may be able to get a newer version from the hardware manager"
BTW i have the latest version of the intel driver[6.14.10.4342]
when i ran the direct draw test this was displayed
"DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful."

So wat was wrong wit the 1st test i do have the right driver for the rit mobo so......wassup wit the error.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Just see in the same Dxdiag Display tab whether Direct3D is enabled or not.

Also, open Control Panel->other options->DirectX
Do not open Dxdiag, but open Direct3D tab and see whether Allow hardware acceleration is checked. Check it if its unchecked or if you cant, then maybe your card doesnt support it.

If you have an Intel Extreme Graphics driver, you can check whether it supports Hardware acceleration or not. Just know your Graphics card model from Device Manager and check this site:
Intel Support

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
seems to be a combo of issues. 256 megs to run GTA:SA on a 256 megs is just gonna squeeze your RAM. Which is also the case when you run a Anti-sypware tool, which checks your RAM for memory resident spywares. RAM seems to be the fault here. I would reccomend cleaning the RAM and trying to get a different module and install and see if this issue is replicating.

::cyborg::

In the zone
i think ur drivers are the culprit if u updated ur drivers then switch bck to earlier if u havent updated then update bro tell me ur prob. solved or not

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
How many times do u have 2 tell u guys dat i have the latest drivers and the pc workd fine when i had windows xp......+ i cleaned the ram with a thinkcloth but still problem persists.....so now wat kanuj89 suggests i shud not use ms antispyware as it sucks but its ok for me please guys i cant even install nero,run a spycheck acd checkout sum new games i got.
BTW i got Guilty gear XX for pc it was converted from ps2 to pc and came in a dvd loaded with a whole lotta 2d anime arcade games like kof 2005.when i play guilty gear(in a cyber)i have to configure controls based on ps2 controllers that means there are ps2 emus but u need atleast a 64 mb nvidia card.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom