wat fone sud i buy????

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
guys at present i'm using a Nokia 5500 and i used Airtel MO for surfing and D/L'ing getting speeds of 18-25kBps.
i've seen that Nokia 6110/6120 has EDGE Class 32 which sud theoritically give speeds of 296kbps (37kBps).
will buying this fone inc my D/L speeds?
also when will these fones be released in the Indian market?
i've a budget of 16-20K.
plz suggest only Nokia fones.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
go fr the N91 8 gb version,,it cums fr round 20 k without the bose headset..a gud buy i shud say..has evryhting...

K

krazyfrog

The speeds that you're getting aren't even close to the max limit of EDGE Class 10, leave alone Class 32. Buying a phone with Class 32 won't give you any faster speeds simply because the network doesn't support it. If you can go upto 20 k then go for N73 ME. If you want high quality sound then go for N91 8gb.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ the max theoritical speed of EDGE Class 10 is 236.8 (29.6kBps) and i get max speeds of 25-26kBps at night which i fell r very close to EDGE Class 10 speeds.so r u sure that i wont get better speeds with EDGE Class 32?
also is GPS a free service in India,or do i hfta pay any charges to acces GPS in India?

K

krazyfrog

No network in india currently supports EDGE Class 32. You can call airtel and enquire about it. About GPS, the costs (if at all) depends upon the GPS service provider. If you're thinking about N95 then i don't think Nokia is offering GPS in india yet.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ i aint looking at the Nokia N95,but i've got the 6110 Navigator in my mind.the specs look good and it has GPS.
newayz cud anyone tell me whether i can use the WiFi of N80 to surf net on pc using MO?

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
assasin said:
^^^ i aint looking at the Nokia N95,but i've got the 6110 Navigator in my mind.the specs look good and it has GPS.
newayz cud anyone tell me whether i can use the WiFi of N80 to surf net on pc using MO?

WiFi is for using your broadband connection with the phone. MO is GPRS/EDGE. Don't mix both. MO and WiFi are totally two different entities.

K

krazyfrog

Yes there is no need to have wi-fi to browse net on your pc. Bluetooth or a simple data cable is enough. Wi-fi is usually used to connect phone to the internet using pc's net connection and not the other way round.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ i wanted to use the wifi cuz it'll give me greater freedom of movement as compared to bluetooth and data cable!
as of now i've decided on the Nokia 6110 cuz it has GPS and its free!!!also it has 16M color display and is OS9.2 FP1.
if u guys find that there's something wrong then ur valuable suggestions r always welcome.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ thnx dood.
now cud u tell me whether to buy N73/N80/6110 Navigator?

6110 Navigator is Symbian OS 9.2 FP1 so has the latest os and the latest browser,has GPS,16M 320*240 disp,2MP cam + LED flash(quality is avg),HSDPA,EDGE Class 32.
and u bout the other 2 fones.
so plz suggest

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
afaik, n73 doesn't haf wifi. so its ruled out. n80 does. no idea abt 6110. sorry pal, can't comment on something which i've not used or atleast seen! guess u should ask faraaz here who has n80. he'll be able to tell u the actual and practical pros and cons of the phone.

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Are you really gonna use GPS/wi-fi that much? (Can GPS be even used here?) Just think about it a bit. If not, then go for N73 ME.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
GPS is free.the only q is the maps bundled with the fone.
aslo i think that 6110 has a better display,faster proccy (ARM 11 369MHz) and 64MB ram,which makes it faster than both N73ME & N80.
now wat do u think??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom