Warranty Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak24

Broken In
Hi guys...
I just purchased a sony DRU830 DVD Writer. But when i opened the box there was no warranty card in it.. anyone who has purchased this product did they recieve a warranty card. Now i am not sure if this is a genuine piece or not.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Is it an OEM product? You should always check the Warranty applicable to the product when buying and if it is not mentioned anywhere ask the seller and also insist that he puts it in the bill, rather than trying to break your head later.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
U dont need any gurantee card........just the bill and serial number written on the DVD writer.
When you will go to any service center ..they will check ur warrenty by the serial number.

OP
A

ak24

Broken In
It does mention on the bill a S/N. But the dealor had given me 2 prices one was box packed which was expensive to a open one which was a little cheaper. Now i am confused if he has given me the open one. How can i tell the difference between the two.??

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Let us hear from someone who purchased an OEM product and tried to get warranty service.Anyone?

Read this article
*compreviews.about.com/od/general/a/OEM.htm

Last edited:

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
if u hav got a box with the drive then it is the box pack, if the drive didn't had a box then it is OEM. the diff in price is only Rs.50 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom