Warning: Security risk when using MSN Messenger 7 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
Ofcource everybody knows that a BETA version is never safe, but maybe everybody should read this before installing MSN 7 BETA:

Neowin.net
As MSN Messenger 7 goes into private beta, Neowin has learned of several exploits resulting in the "winks" feature of MSN Messenger 7. A Neowin member wishing to remain anonymous has alerted us that users can generate their own flash movies and send them across MSN Messenger. As flash movies can open other things on the system such as Internet Explorer, this could be fatal. As MSN Messenger 7 is only beta and isn't available publically this isn't a major exploit but it does show that added features to a product like this makes it less secure and more open to attack/exploit.

MSN Messenger 7 is beta and is available in copies floating around the internet. We strongly advise members not to use the current beta until this flaw has been resolved. MSN Messenger 7 effectively opens your system up to allow a hacker to run numerous tasks on your machine.

We ask members not to post any exploit code or how to exploit MSN Messenger 7, thank you.

Link:
Code:
*www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=24625&category=main

Mess.be Only hours afer the MSN Messenger 7 beta leaked, our Mess.be forum members and site admins were thoroughly researching and discussing the possibilities of exploiting the new Winks feature.

In no time, Mess.be's Timothy managed to clog up my system memory and show me the nasty images he oh-so-likes, because of the incapability of the current MSN Messenger 7.0.0205 beta build to succesfully disable the automatic playback of Winks (now don't blame Microsoft, you weren't supposed to be using this version after all).

More malicious techniques than his are easy to think of and -we kid you not- can easily result in serious system damage. Like before and with the knowledge we have now even more so, we strongly advise against using the current MSN Messenger 7 BETA. If you want to carry on using and exploring the new version anyway, please take your time for the following:

Go to the site and read the description, The description is on the home page.

Link:
Code:
*www.mess.be/

i Wud like to add some thing here only.....

Warning: Security risk when using MSN Messenger 7 BETA

WARNING: SECURITY RISK when using ANYTHING of MicroSoft

krazydude

Journeyman
faced prob with MSN messgr 7 today, installed it yesterday and when i logged on it says newer version available and when u try and update it, does not update so gotta remove it and use MSN 6.2 now

fanatic

Broken In
from where do i download msn messenger 7 beta

from where do i download msn messenger 7 beta version

just wanna see how the next messenger (msn 7) looks like and stuff.

would be nice if somebody gives me links from where do i download msn 7 or links of where can i see its screenshot

thanks

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
krazydude said:
faced prob with MSN messgr 7 today, installed it yesterday and when i logged on it says newer version available and when u try and update it, does not update so gotta remove it and use MSN 6.2 now
Ha Ha
Ver6 is fine dude.
Dont need to update unless there are any security threats.

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
For all those who can't wait: for MSN 7! Even after all this........
Got the link from mastaline.com
Enjoy it!

*www.mastaline.com/cc/?fclick=msn7

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
For all those who can't wait: for MSN 7! Even after all this........
Got the link from mastaline.com
Enjoy it!

*www.mastaline.com/cc/?fclick=msn7

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
2 same post :well it seems tat while posting my page got stuck so had to refresh.....
51 is same : i doonno.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom