Warning - Orkut album view javascript - Never click on it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
Today morning I received a scrap from my friend which said - use this javascript to view protected albums in Orkut. Usually I never click on those, but was checking something in browser and clicked on the wrong tab (clicked on javascript)

It opened something like a hacking tutorial. I immediately closed it, and guess what ?

I was subscribed to 28 communities !!!

I couldn't not belive it, all were SRK, Sachin fan etc. I got mad and preses unjoin one by one and finally got rid of that.

That was not the end.

When I checked my friends sccrap I saw a scrap written by me !!! That said click here to view protected albums, then another javascript. I was really worried. That click not only subscribed 28 communities to my community list plus it wrote scrapin the scrapbook of about 60 friends :( They will think its me written that. Had to open each scrap book to delete it

Please do not click on such script / link etc. I am very careful usually and clicking in the morning was a mistake from me, anyway thought I will leave a warning.

Anyone had this experience today ?

Note : Please do not check this site as I have no clue what is there, may be teh javascript resides there, was there in the link - geocities.com/sawansite

So if you see that in a link, do not click.

Now, this is not an april fool message, please take it seriously.

praka123

left this forum longback
I am thinking of deleting my orkut account.I am still there for some old friends and some forums

sakumar79

Technomancer
Yeah, my sister had got a similar scrap in Orkut too... I think I posted a query at that time - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80693 - they are harmless but annoying spams...

Arun

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The people who chain spread them are culprit.They unknowing forward it to all.The scrap to all trick is on wild.
Can't help, just ignore them.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Maybe this is why they have a security tip "Never paste a URL or script into your browser while logged into orkut.com, no matter what it claims to do"

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
same happened to me also:|

Its my mistake, I accept
Thank good this script was harmless, not stealing any password.

axxo

99.9% Idle
happened a month before...then forced to delete all 20+ communities.
good thing is that no entries in my friends list as the account created just for exploring orkut so no worry about scrap entries.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Google keeps you telling not to use any script in your browser window when orkut is open but people don't mind this warning and use scripts to send scraps/photos to all friends in one go. Google itself must allow users to send mass scraps to users so that don't take risk by using these scripts

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Google keeps you telling not to use any script in your browser window when orkut is open but people don't mind this warning and use scripts to send scraps/photos to all friends in one go. Google itself must allow users to send mass scraps to users so that don't take risk by using these scripts
if thats the case then all good users of orkut would just get off it.... unable to bear the spam rush ;)

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom