Warhammer 40000 Discussion

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But the mutation is a taint, isn't it? So, the mutation must carry the taint of chaos. What if this taint passes on to the Tyranids and what if they get affected by Chaos?

I was also wondering how the Necrons would react to a massive Tyranid invasion. I mean, the necrons seek to destroy all life in the galaxy and so do the tyranids. Plus, the tyranids cannot harm the necrons since they do not have organic mass.

This brings me to my next doubt, what if , in a rare case, the tyranids get hold of a pariah gene?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Well, nothing about a face off between Tyranids and Necrons or Tyranids and Chaos Space Marines has caught my eye yet.

But i did read about a Chaos and Necron face off in the first Word Bearer novel i read.

Considering what the Necron are like, they inhabit their dead worlds called Tomb Worlds and they dont really have any sort of life signature. Even the Pariahs are basically undead and they are few in number as far as i know... My opinion is that Tyranids wouldnt even come close to a necron tomb world... But thats just my opinion, not canon...

doomgiver

Warframe
there is one condition that must be satisfied for a hive fleet to approach a world :
there must be significant amount of tyranid synapse links on that planet.
this means that there are already nids on the planet (almost always genestealers, the vanguard of the nid fleet)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, the genestealers scout planets and attract the main fleets AFAIK.

My doubt is would the Necrons see Tyranids as possible allies due to a common goal of eliminating all life from the galaxy?...or perhaps the Necrons would kill the Tyranids just because they are alive.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lol, that's really pathetic of EA.

Games On Net :: General News: EA Accused of Copying Warhammer 40K Tanks in C&C Tiberium Alliances

The tanks in question happen to be :

The Bombard Tank, copied from the Baneblade and the Grinder Tank copied from the Ork Bonecruncha.

Update : Got my Flight of the Eisenstein novel today. :D

doomgiver

Warframe
lol, they even copied the "industrial" and patchwork job of the ork vehicles.
what a fail. even the turrets are on the same side as on the baneblade.

now, if they had refined it all a bit, like made it sleeker or something, it'd been forgiven.
but this is just crazy.

all othese ididots should be hanged.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Imagination is dying... All these tards at these high end companies have is the bucketloads of money to stay afloat... Leaving all other works of sci fi out of this, Warhammer 40000 is one of the most awesome, testosterone filled universes i've read about...

doomgiver

Warframe
aye, tho in the game, its shown as a weakling.
a baneblade can be field converted to special versions :

Shadowsword - Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more

Souro_Ray

In the zone
That there is a Titan Killer... The Shadowsword Titanicus

That is no mean feat considering the size of a Baneblade and even a Warhound Titan...

I recently read Storm of Iron.. A novel based on the Iron Warriors.. It features the Dies Irae, one of the most infamous Imperators of all time...

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Dies Irae was introduced in Horus Rising I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Shadowsword looks kickass.
Posted via Mobile Device

doomgiver

Warframe
yeah, shadowswords actually need to couple their engines directly to the weapon capacitors to charge them up, leaving them immobile in the process.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dug this one up. Its just like the Shadowsword, only that it has a Quake cannon instead of a volcano cannon. Now, what the hell is a Quake cannon?

Banesword - Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This one has a kickass design IMHO:Minotaur - Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Something for the lulz:
*i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/109/152/chaos_by_lily_fox-d2zofmk.jpg

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/539613_243248062486494_377962349_n.png

Top Bottom