1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

Warcraft III problem.....Please Help

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by mariner_5147, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariner_5147

mariner_5147 New Member

I tried to run Warcraft at a certain screen resolution which my monitor doesn't support (reverting didn't happen, may be because I accidentaly pressed the enter button and the resolution got fixed). The screen went blank, with the usual blinking of the monitor LED. After that I am unable to run the game. I tried reinstallation and completely erased the game folder, but the screen resolution remain fixed ie blank. I am running XP home edition.

I want to know where Warcraft stores the resolution info on the computer, any particular file or in the registry?

Thanks for any help

2. Slam Team

Slam Team New Member

Use the registry !

Use the search available in registry editor, and find warcraft, or the distributors name. May b u will find the resolution key in there....Try ur luck..

Or else totally uninstall warcraft III ..install jv16 powertools from http://www.jv16.org (or) http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/jv16pt_setup.exe

Use the Registry cleaner in that...find the entries related to warcraft in that..delete them all...B careful not to remove any others...

Now reinstall warcraft in a directory other than the previous one !!!

Njoy !!!

3. OP
    OP
    mariner_5147

mariner_5147 New Member

Thnx...will give that a try...

4. icecoolz

icecoolz Active Member

Dont need to do all that. The problem as you have rightfully identified it is a monitor issue. Just use Refresh Rate Overrides at 60Hz in the monitor and it will work fine.

5. OP
    OP
    mariner_5147

mariner_5147 New Member

thnx ice...its now working fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.