Warcraft III problem.....Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner_5147

Broken In
I tried to run Warcraft at a certain screen resolution which my monitor doesn't support (reverting didn't happen, may be because I accidentaly pressed the enter button and the resolution got fixed). The screen went blank, with the usual blinking of the monitor LED. After that I am unable to run the game. I tried reinstallation and completely erased the game folder, but the screen resolution remain fixed ie blank. I am running XP home edition.

I want to know where Warcraft stores the resolution info on the computer, any particular file or in the registry?

Thanks for any help

Slam Team

Journeyman
Use the registry !

Use the search available in registry editor, and find warcraft, or the distributors name. May b u will find the resolution key in there....Try ur luck..

Or else totally uninstall warcraft III ..install jv16 powertools from *www.jv16.org (or) *www.macecraft.com/downloads/jv16pt_setup.exe

Use the Registry cleaner in that...find the entries related to warcraft in that..delete them all...B careful not to remove any others...

Now reinstall warcraft in a directory other than the previous one !!!

Njoy !!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Dont need to do all that. The problem as you have rightfully identified it is a monitor issue. Just use Refresh Rate Overrides at 60Hz in the monitor and it will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom