warcraft 3 prblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

runeet

Broken In
Hi I have a problem whenever I install warcraf 3 , when I run the game the game switches to a resolution/refresh rate combo that is not supported by my monitor, hence it goes out of frequency and becomes blank, but i am able to hear the sounds of the menu, the monitor returns to normal when I ctrl-alt-del out of the game, can I fix this problem, I have a fx 5200 card. can i force my desktop resolution of 800*600 by default.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hmmm...never heard of this happening.....see if there is a file with an ini extension in the game folder....it will probable have a line that will allow you to change the resolution.....else right click on the exe and tell windows to run it in windowed mode.....at least that will let you play the game.....

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
What I did is to make Backup of that Folder, and then Uninstalling WarCraft 3. Then I ran that .exe file from backup folder.

Thanks all.

OP
R

runeet

Broken In
I have a better solution, type dxdiag in the run window, goto the more help tag, there click on the override button--override value(least refresh rate value ur monitor displays)--ok, now try runing it, the black out happens bcoz the game switches to a refreshrate/resolution combination that monitor cannot handle, hence the blackout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom