want to have a career in softwares!!!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am quite new in this forum. ok, i am coming right on the topic. well, i am around 23 years old. i have done a 3 years diploma in softwares. completed in 2004. after that i alomost left this field and was working with airtel as a backoffice support. now i want to have a stable career. I want to pursue a career in softwares but the problem is i forgot what i had studied earlier. i can't even review the basics of what i learnt. I know i can learn all this but still not able to decide from where i should have to start. i have the opportunity to work with a company in my own city. but i have to be feel comfartable while working with softwares like visual basic & Oracle. i don't have any techinical degree in hand. i am planning for MCA from IGNOU.

well, suggest me from where i should start? how much time it will take with a constant speed? is that necessary that you should have all the knowledge about the available languages or you just need to concentrate on few of them. suggest me friends. i want to have a career in softwares. what should i have to do for that. will it be tough for me to get a decent job ?

replies appreciated.
Mayank

Last edited:

the_moon

Journeyman
Well, U say that U've forgotten everything that u did in ur diploma sounds weird, I think u need brushing up what u studied!
For a stable career in th s/w field u can start by brushing up ur C & JAVA. Theer are various online tutorials as well as books available for the same & I'm sure U wont have much of a problem.
After this u can take up HTML & other scripting languages.
I think all this is more than enough for a start.

OP
S

speedrider_100

Broken In
the_moon said:
Well, U say that U've forgotten everything that u did in ur diploma sounds weird, I think u need brushing up what u studied!
For a stable career in th s/w field u can start by brushing up ur C & JAVA. Theer are various online tutorials as well as books available for the same & I'm sure U wont have much of a problem.
After this u can take up HTML & other scripting languages.
I think all this is more than enough for a start.

Thanks man for the suggestion. well, i have worked on VB before. should i start with VB. i couldn't get C much. i found VB more interesting than anyother language.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=280273#post280273
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=280270#post280270
And this one too

Exactly how many did you post the same query in the different sections of forum. Did you read forum rules or not Multiple posting of same message/query is not allowed? Be Careful man I am not but some one might report you and Welcome to forum.

And for MCA go for IGNOU only if you have no way in world to undertake a regular MCA course

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
VB is becoming outdated.If you want to make your future then go for .NET.
I have done BCA from IGNOU.MCA(IGNOU) under progress.2 years diploma from NIIT.Still if you want to make your future as a software developer you have to be in touch with all the programming languages.If you are not good at programming then try yourself in Animations which I am also doing bcoz as I am not doing my MCA regular, I have to do 2-3 courses to secure my future.You have to workhard in programming.Remember C and C++ are the basic you should know so never leave them even if you don't like them.

OP
S

speedrider_100

Broken In
Well, i haven't read forum rules. sorry for that. i exactly didn't know where should i have to placed my query down. i will keep in mind next time.well, thanks for your suggestions. well, i just wanna know one thing more, that i couldn't done any vast project on C or C++, even after that i was able to got VB. i want to continue with VB for 1-2 months after that i will switch over to .net. how is that? I am reviewing VB these days, apart from that i would try to get C n C++. suggestions appreciated.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
speedrider_100 said:
i don't have any techinical degree in hand. i am planning for MCA from IGNOU.

Dude!!!! You have done diploma!!! not degree , to apply for MCA --> "Masters in Computer application" you need a Bachelor s degree. i.e., BCA , BE , Btech etc etc. to the best of my knowledge if you havent done a bachelors course then you cant do a masters course. I myself have done diploma and also BE. The best you can do right now is BCA and not MCA.

*img402.imageshack.us/img402/3821/mca2he2.th.jpg

here is the info of the eligibility you need to have for MCA ignou link.

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
charangk said:
Dude!!!! You have done diploma!!! not degree , to apply for MCA --> "Masters in Computer application" you need a Bachelor s degree. i.e., BCA , BE , Btech etc etc. to the best of my knowledge if you havent done a bachelors course then you cant do a masters course. I myself have done diploma and also BE. The best you can do right now is BCA and not MCA.

here is the info of the eligibility you need from ignou link.
Yep you are right.We haven't noticed that in his post that he has done diploma and now wants to do Post Graduation(which can't be done without completing graduation).

the_moon

Journeyman
Hmm. even I agree!
Probably Speedrider has done Bachelors (not in any Tech related field & thats why he hasn't mentioned it!) & the diploma as an additional qualification, 'cause almost everyone knows that Masters can't be done without completeing bachelors! This is what I interpret!

OP
S

speedrider_100

Broken In
charangk said:

*img402.imageshack.us/img402/3821/mca2he2.th.jpg

here is the info of the eligibility you need to have for MCA ignou link.

Dude, i have done degree course too man, as an additional qualification i did that software diploma. i have completed my PG too this year. but i don have BCA or MCA. i am eligible for MCA extract that i don have maths in my 10+2. so i have to clear an exam regarding maths first. well anyways, thanx for the response. suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom