Want to downlaod the website which can be updated regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey,
how can I download this website especially its forum and the tutorials which can be updated regularly. So that I can acess the information by being oflline.
Ronak

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
So that I can acess the information by being oflline

u cant :(

what u can do is, save the pages and then take back home.. as this forum runs of a server side script and its dynamic therefore what u want isnt possible...

only a person sitting in the Web Server may access the forum using local host :p

Edited : because of use of Wrong bb TAG

Last edited:

jatt

In the zone
use offline explorer for this kind of work you can download webcopier also from free sites i hope you will understand

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
jatt said:
use offline explorer for this kind of work you can download webcopier also from free sites i hope you will understand

hey
thanks for the reply.But can i get the link to download webcopier???
Ron

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Just googled it out:

Webcopier

Host of other freeware alternatives that you might want to look into:
*www.softplatz.com/freeware/offline-browser/

panchamk

Broken In
Another useful application, similar to webcopier: *www.httrack.com/

It's very simple, but you should know that downloading the whole forum will take a very long time. Forums can easily grow up to gigabytes of space. Plus, you won't be able to update just new posts each time and will have to download the whole database again, despite what the software might promise.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hey guyess... none of them would work with a Dynamic web site such as a vBulletine forum... as this runs with a server side scripting with dynamic database no copyer can replicate the database changes ??

tuxfan

Technomancer
I agree with Saurav Cheeta! PHP+MySQL based dynamic sites can't be downloaded like that! They keep changing every now and then. Everytime some visits a page, that page first gets "generated" from the code and then it is handed over to browser for display.

And even if you start downloading every page that gets generated, do you realised how many pages will there be? How much time it will take? How much bandwidth it will consume?

And most importantly, by the time you finish downloading, things would have changed. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom