want to buy a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Look at the Dell inspirion 6000, they currently are available at a good deal of under 60k. Price Rs.54,900/- excluding taxes,octroi etc
Specs are:-
:arrow: Intel centrino , mobile processor 715
:arrow: wireless network connection
:arrow: xp home
:arrow: 915GM chipset
:arrow: 256 shared sdram ddr2 400mhz
:arrow: 40gb hardrive
:arrow: 24x cdrw/dvd combo drive
:arrow: 15.4 inch widescreen WXGA screen 1280x800 (max resolution)
:arrow: integrated intel media graphics accelerator 900

Supposedly the offer is valid upto 29th July only. So do check it out.

super_i_man

Broken In
u can go for an IBM, compaq for below 60. all inclusive. compaqs have good models below 60, check out u r citys retailers what they say. also look for a 3 year warantte instead of going for features.

sumitava_b

In the zone
rohanbee said:
Supposedly the offer is valid upto 29th July only. So do check it out.

for the past two months dell is announcing that this cash off offer is valid only for a month or less. I think it is for permanent basis.

I too agree with rohan. under 60k, inspi6000 is the best bet on the basis of its splendid features, nice support from dell and magnificent look...

rohanbee

Padawan
Yes, dell is a clever one at that, usually abroad they shift schemes from one pc to the other, and at the end of the day you always get the same discount level albiet a different disguised scheme or offer.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
What do u think abt LG? it has got gr8 battery life and runs on battery for more than 5 hours... ( i have seen it... no kiddin...)

sumitava_b

In the zone
Battery life of 5 hrs is not a big deal. If u have 9 cell battery and running applications requiring minimal resources like documenting or surfing on pentium M then easily u can get more than 5 hrs life. Battery life depends upon many features of ur laptop like, screen size, cpu, graphics card etc. as well as what programs r running during that period.

If u ask me, while purchasing laptop go for 9-cell battery. This is one of those few areas where u r making one-time investment.

What LG model u r talking about? In the competition of battery life, acer also performs well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom