Want to add subtitles to my Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Udaya Maurya

Journeyman
OS - Win XP SP 2

PROBLEM - I want to add subtitles to my videos but I don't know any software which can do so. I tried Microsoft Movie Maker but I don't think that it can do the job. So, please someone tell me the working software.

SUPPORTED VIDEO FORMAT - Any :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
NucleusKore said:
Can you add hard subtitles with Jet Audio?
yeah if u hav soft subs u can pretty much hardsub them on video*farm3.static.flickr.com/2147/2106528341_f6e406430b_o.png

I use it to extract parts of a video, mix them with audio, hardsub videos and convert to another format:D

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Udaya Maurya said:
OS - Win XP SP 2

PROBLEM - I want to add subtitles to my videos but I don't know any software which can do so. I tried Microsoft Movie Maker but I don't think that it can do the job. So, please someone tell me the working software.

SUPPORTED VIDEO FORMAT - Any :)
just put the same name to the subtitles file and Window Media Player automatically plays it fine/.

^^and what do you use for the same? I use x264 for video, with max compression quality settings and nero aac for audio, at around 112-160 kbps. Vorbis sucks when ripping that DON DVD digit gave(at q3-4), but its good for CDs and transcoding stuff like mp3 even at low bitrates. Maybe thats because I use AoTuV b5 Vorbis for Audio CDs and Xiph Vobis for DVDs.

axxo

99.9% Idle
^ well i use vp7 most of the times & it goes well with vdub.
I also use avidemux for x.264 videos and yes h.264 paired with aac, vp7 avi with mp3 works fine.
i dont rip dvds/cds instead all my sources are from anolog tv..so a lot of post processing inovolve in the process..plugins like neat video comes very handy this time.

axxo said:
^ well i use vp7 most of the times & it goes well with vdub.
I also use avidemux for x.264 videos and yes h.264 paired with aac, vp7 avi with mp3 works fine.
i dont rip dvds/cds instead all my sources are from anolog tv..so a lot of post processing inovolve in the process..plugins like neat video comes very handy this time.
using mp3 with VP7 is like eating idli with sause. Get a life and use VP7 + Nero AAC or AoTuV b5 vorbis in matroska.

also, what format is that audio from TVs in incidentally? What bitrate?

PS: have you tried hacking FFMPEG to postprcess videos before sending it to the encoder? It can be easily piped using a batch file.

OP
U

Udaya Maurya

Journeyman
MetalheadGautham said:
name the subtitle file the same as the video file. Then save as *.srt or even *.txt VLC will automatically try to load it as a subtitle.
Hey, where to save it, can you explain in detail. Further I think it will divide the subtitle timing equally, which is meaningless, or it has some other method?

axxo

99.9% Idle
MetalheadGautham said:
using mp3 with VP7 is like eating idli with sause. Get a life and use VP7 + Nero AAC or AoTuV b5 vorbis in matroska.

also, what format is that audio from TVs in incidentally? What bitrate?

PS: have you tried hacking FFMPEG to postprcess videos before sending it to the encoder? It can be easily piped using a batch file.

where can i can get nero aac codec that works with virtualdub.....
audio from TVs of CD quality 44khz Mpeg 2 format..
postprocessing will eat cpu right...dont want to try that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom