Want some information on WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude666666

Broken In
I have two laptops and one desktop with two lan cards. I use one lan card to connect to the internet and the other to share the internet connection with a latop. The problem with this setup is that only one of the laptops can be connected at any time. Now, I'm thinking of a WiFi card for the desktop as both laptops have WiFi. If I puchase a WiFi card, then will I be able to connect both the laptops simultaneously to my desktop i.e, will I be able to form a local network of one desktop and two laptops using WiFi considering that my desktop will become the server for both the latops.

Is this kind of setup possible? If its is do I need any extra hardware except WiFi card for my desktop? (Both laptops have inbuilt WiFi).

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Best will be .......
you buy a wifi modem router.
I will cost U around 2.5K- 3k

Advantage of this network:
1) All three system will have internet access
2) All will be independent.
3) Network will be less complex.
4) hardware required -->> wifi modem.
5) U can connect system with both wifi and via LAN.

awesomeo

Broken In
Ravi is right. Plus, if your friend comes to your house. You can simply share your WiFi connection with him. I've been doing the same at my house. All of my family members share just one internet connection.

But this can be a problem sometimes.... if one guy is downloading torrent, others can barely browse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom