1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Want a new bios for agp card

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by wolverin_beast, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolverin_beast

wolverin_beast New Member

I want to update my AGP card bios (nvidia geforce4 mx440-8x).
    If anyone know from where I get the update for my AGP card please reply me on e-mail: wolverin_beast@indiatimes.com

2. blade_runner

blade_runner New Member

U mean u want to flash the bios to some other cards bios ? If you are talking abt generally updating the bios like we do for mobos, then its not the case in gfx cards.

3. infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude Wire muncher!

4. blade_runner

blade_runner New Member

Whenever did i say it's wasn't possible to flash. I was waiting for the dudes reply askin him whether he wanted to flash his bios to another cards bios or just updating it. But bios updates for gfx cards aren't like mobos wherein manufacturers keep releasing newer versions that add to performance and all. However users try flashing their bios' with diffrent ones frm other vendors in a bid to gain performance. Sometime bios flasing is also done to enable some features that are present in the hadrware but disabled for some reasons.

For eg some 9800pro cards have the same core as the 9800xt so in order to enable the extra 4 pipelines users flash it with 9800xt bios and voila u have a 9800xt for the price of a 9800pro. This is also known as softmodding. If u have any further q's fell free to ask.

5. anusoni

anusoni New Member

lol, since we all agree that AGP Card bios flashing is possible, can someone please tell where we could get the bios updates ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.