want 2 assamble new pc. hlp needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want 2 assembel my own pc. the main specification of my pc will be:- AMD Athlon 64, 512 MB RAM, Motherboard with integrated sound card graphics card, LAN 10/100, 80 GB HDD. The pc will be hardly used for gaming. So no need for high end graphics or sound.But the motherboard should support PCI-e, AGP-8x,RAID 2,SATA etc, so that i have the option to upgrade.The complete system excluding the software should come within 22k. Can anyone suggest any good motherboard for my pc?????

puja399

In the zone
When ur opting for PCIe, why do u want AGP for??? :confused:
U may try MSI RS480M2-IL motherboard, it has got everything u need, SATA,5.1 audio, build-in graphics & TV out, USB, Firewire etc. Read at *www.msi.com.tw/program/newsrelease/news_page.php?UID=423.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
janitha said:
But do this Mobo have both AGP-8X plus PCI-E which he wants? I heard some Asrock one has both.

Yes the Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 is the mobo it has

PCIe slot
AGP (4X)
7.1 sound
LAN etc but its is built on some ULi M 1695 chipset (??)

Well i suggest go for ASUS A8N -VSM it has an IGP and a PCIe slot for graphics upgrade......and go for a 3000+/3200+

If u really want only 512 MB ram then go for TwinMos/Transcend 256 MB X2
400 MhZ sticks and put them in dual channel mode...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sushantasarkar said:
ok i dont want the AGP...but pls dont limit the RAM......one more thing im looking for socket 754 type not 939

I dont understand why you are so particular about 754 when it is already out of date, nobody prefers it and 939 has many features like dual channel which are missing in 754. And there is only marginal price difference between them.

manmay

Journeyman
production of 754 pin athlons have been stopped ..so ne 754 athlons that u get in the market are only those that the shopkeepers are trying to get out....thats it....
neway the price diff between athlon 64 bit 3000+ 939 pin and 754 pin is abt 300 bucks....so whats the adv of getting something old.
the stock speed of 754 pin is 2.0ghz while that of 939 pin is 1.8 ghz....
this has been done so as to make the performance of the 754 and 939 versions similar.....939 version has the capability to utilize double the bandwidth that the 754 opin version can do....but believe me ....the performance of 939 pin is still better.....practically.
secondly...754 pin mobo are getting extinct slowly....there are still here....becoz the 745 proccy are still here....lol....a vicious circle.

there shouldnt be ne need for agp when u are going for pcie....it dosent make ne sense...pcie or agp will be used only when u want to plug in a graphics card....pcie is a better technology and moreover pcie agp cost the same....

i think u should opt for asus a8n-vm csm mobo....
it has a onboard graphics and sound solution...7.1 channel sound for that matter.
gigabit ethernet. and more over it is based on 6150 based nvidia nforce chipset.. a better performer than the msi rs420m2 il...
it also has sata sata 2 raid 0 1 2. better over clocking features than msi counterpart. the graphics clock is faster than msi.

samrulez means to say that instead of using a single 512 mb of ram stick....better use 2 different ram stick of 256 MB of 400 mhz speed (called as dual channel.)....will certainly give a better output than a single 512 MB chip.

get 80 gb sata 2 hitachi deskstar HDD......best performance in 80 gb category..cost is 2650/-
in case u can extend your budget a little more...then get two hitachi deskstar of same specification and size....use in raid 0 config...excellent transfer speeds. lower loading times...

happy assembling....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom