Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC was infected with spys yesterday( as i was not having spyware). so i downloaded spysweeper trial version and removed all the spys. i also scaned for virus and found 2, which was also kicked out. but my wallpaper is becoming blank. i cannot use desktop option from system. or cannot change my wallpaper. its like my wallpaper is the background and blank background is the wallpaper.
can any one help me?

rajas700

Youngling
Step 1

Configure Windows to Show all hidden files & folders and ensure you're familiar with rebooting into Safe Mode.

Download SmitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

Place a shortcut to Antivirus(Try Panda activescan or ONLINE SCAN)on your desktop.

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite from *www.ewido.net/en/download/

When installing Ewido, under "Additonal Options" uncheck "Install Background Guard" and "Install Scan Via Context Menu".

Launch Ewido by double-clicking the desktop icon and click 'OK' at the "Database could not be found!" warning.

Click "Update" on the left side of the main screen to update the definitions file.

Then click "Start Update".

When you receive the "Update successful" prompt, close Ewido Security Suite.

Note: If you have any problems with the updater, you can update Ewido manually at *www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/

f you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow the download and setup instructions at *spyware-doc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=365

Step 2

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode - Very Important !!

Step 3

Open the SmitRem folder and double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named Smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

Step 4

Open Ad-aware and do a full system scan. Remove all it finds.

Step 5

Open Ewido and scan your machine.
Click on Scanner

Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.

Warning: Do NOT open any other windows or your Control Panel while scanning as it may prevent scan completion!!

When prompted to clean the first infection, select "Remove" and checkmark the box beside "Perform action on all infections" in the left corner.

Upon scan completion, click the Save report button and save the report.txt to your desktop.

Then close Ewido Security Suite.

Step 6

Next go to your Control Panel and click Display | Desktop | Customise Desktop | Website | Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut.
Once on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button and then the Check Now button on the next screen.

Enter your Country.

Enter your State/Province.

Enter your E-mail address and click Send.

Select either Home User or Company.

Click the big Scan Now button.

Allow the Active X component to install and download the necessary files. (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)

When the download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan.

Upon scan completion, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
ok,

if ur OS is installed in C drive

try navigating to this folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

u will find ur current wallpaper here

try replacing it !!!

swatkat

Technomancer
Yes, its Smitfraud. Running SmitRem safe mode will take care of it. Download SmitRem here:
*noahdfear.geekstogo.com/

OP
I

imported_tarang

Broken In
it was too long but didi work. i did the rajas method. and i m healed now. my wallpaper is back everything is fine now. thanks
i think there might be other way to do it also. but this was fortunately right for me coz. i got back some other things which were missing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom