W980 Best European Music phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*eisa.speed.im/awards/2008-2009/64.jpg

The Sony Ericsson W980 has just been awarded with the EISA award for Best European Music Phone. EISA is an assiocation of 50 special interest magazines from a total of 19 countries - each year they select an array of EISA award winners in lots of different categories, and this year, the Sony Ericsson W980 won as the best music phone. Here’s the official EISA comment:

Who could resist this piano-black Walkman-series phone? It’s a quad-band handset loaded with 8 GB of internal memory, a 3.2 Megapixel camera, an FM tuner, Bluetooth stereo, and a music player that operates even with the phone flip-lid closed. Opened out, the handset reveals its 2.2-inch QVGA display with 262k colors and stunning picture quality. One incredibly valuable innovation is the built-in FM radio transmitter. This broadcasts phone-based music playback to a standard car radio, even transferring artist and track details via RDS. The music player handles a wide variety of audio file formats, and automatically sorts tracks according to a range of criteria.

The W980 has also won the award for the best sound qaulity By German TestFactory.Way to go SE.Some people will always have something to say tho. :cool:

shashank_re

In the zone
No matter what people say..SE Walkman series offers BEST sound quality whatsoever..

Me too a proud owner of SE W700i :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sony Ericsson rules!!.....:lol: Period......:lol:

Watch out guys, W902 is gonna be even better than this....with ClearBass and a 5mp camera.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
YEa man.SE rox.This should rest the audio chip matter. SE rox.All the next SE phoes will have the same sound quality as the W980. Walkman FTW!!

MasterMinds

hell boy
nokia still need to learn much about audio stuff to beat se remember its SONY ericsson
best in walkman and better in camera stuff from nokia altleast

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
nokia still need to learn much about audio stuff to beat se remember its SONY ericsson
best in walkman and better in camera stuff from nokia altleast

Nokia already proved what they are capable of achieving in the sound quality when they launched the N91. A phone still hailed by audiophiles as one of the best phone in terms of audio quality. As for the imaging capabilities, the N95/N82 have blown the competition out of the water. After that I don't believe they need to learn anything, especially not from Sony Ericsson.

It is never that Nokia cannot do something. It is just they don't want to. They could easily make a phone with the amazing sound quality of the N91 and the terrific camera of the N82. A phone so awesome that could make the competition cry tears of blood. But obviously they would be hurting their own models too as much as their rival's. Which is why they restrain themselves.

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yep.The SE phones forthcoming will utilize the same technology as used in the W980. Each of them will sound just as good.

W980 is basically targetted for the US market.I am yet to see an american "not using" a flip phone. (Iphone exception :D)

MasterMinds

hell boy
:cool:
Nokia already proved what they are capable of achieving in the sound quality when they launched the N91. A phone still hailed by audiophiles as one of the best phone in terms of audio quality. As for the imaging capabilities, the N95/N82 have blown the competition out of the water. After that I don't believe they need to learn anything, especially not from Sony Ericsson.

It is never that Nokia cannot do something. It is just they don't want to. They could easily make a phone with the amazing sound quality of the N91 and the terrific camera of the N82. A phone so awesome that could make the competition cry tears of blood. But obviously they would be hurting their own models too as much as their rival's. Which is why they restrain themselves.
comon dude they will have to make a phone with uplisted features or they loose th competition.....i guess u forgetting K850:cool:

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Thats the crappiest post i have ever seen.Lets see what SE can do.

PSP phone with a BRAVIA screen, 8 mp Sony CCD sensor, W980 sound quality, UIQ 3, Sony Camcorder like HD recording, optical zooms, etc etc etc.

Nokia doesnt come close to Sony man.Next wyear will see the advent of BRAVIA phones, touchscreen feature phones, etc etc.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
PSP phone with a BRAVIA screen, 8 mp Sony CCD sensor, W980 sound quality, UIQ 3, Sony Camcorder like HD recording, optical zooms, etc etc etc.
I was talking about the stuff Nokia has already accomplished. The stuff in bold does not even exist as of yet. And while SE is still dreaming of providing high resolution video recording and optical zoom, Nokia already provided it more than a year ago with the N93.

And what's the big deal about UIQ 3?? It doesn't even come close to S60, leave alone the latest and greatest FP2.

And a PSP phone with a BRAVIA screen?!? What next? A Walkman phone with X-Plod speakers??

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Ever heard of SE Japan?? I guess you havent.Wait, let me give you the specs. :)

they are the ones who designed the C905.

SO906i

*news.imobile.com.cn/Image/2008/05/28/cd1f47b80ce9d93da4996b8f3989ec75.jpg

*news.imobile.com.cn/Image/2008/05/28/237507b16cba016044fbc39cfb4acd15.jpg

Sony Ericsson, the Swedish-Japanese, company is expected to release a new high-end handset for Japanese market. As it mentions “BRAVIA” in its middle name, it adopts the same technology as the Sony BRAVIA line-up of LCD screens. The new SO906i features a 3 (480×864 pixels) inch and 16.8 million colors high-end display and a 16:6 contrast ratio.
It will also feature a 5.1 megapixel camera with autofocus, MicroSDHC slot and One Seg Mobile TV. Expected release day is tentative. You will find that the SO906i is a really nice mini TV, when you flipped it at 360° with this kind of display. The rest of the features packed in the SO906i include: built-in GPS, both GSM and 3G connectivity, Music and Video players, Motion control, a 3.2 Megapixel camera with auto focus, flash and video recording, photo editor, advanced email and Web capabilities, document editor and viewer, PDF viewer. It has 1GB of internal memory that can be expanded with a microSD or microSDHC card for up to a total of 9GB. The case measures 103 x 49 x 18 millimeters (when closed) and weighs 129 grams seems. Although the battery included in the new BRAVIA phone is only an 870 mAh one, it can offer a pretty good lifetime. The battery should last up to 230 minutes in talk-time mode, while in stand-by mode it’s capable of lasting up to 590 hours (on CDMA networks) and 310 hours (on GSM). Moreover, the battery can provide up to 250 minutes of continuous TV viewing and about 16 hours of continuous music playback
SO905iCS

*www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/sony-ericsson-so905ics-cybershot-ntt.jpg

And SO905iSC specs include:

* Dimensions: 113×50x24 mm
* Weight: 150 gr
* Continuous Stand-by time: 520 hrs (3G)/300 hrs (GSM)
* Continuous Talk Time: 200 min (3G)/180 minutes (GSM)
* Continuous Video Calling Time: 130 min
* Continuous Music playing time: WMA file, approx. 10 hrs
* Main Display: 2.7″ (480×864 dots); Full wide VGA TFT transparent LCD; 262,144 colors
* External Memory: microSD
* Main camera: CMOS with AF, Effective resolution 5.1 mpx, recorded resolution 5 mpx
* Secondary camera: CMOS, 330 000/310 000 pixels
* Colors: Silver, Pink, White

Camera also comes with LED flash, face recognition function and, although not mentioned in official PR, probably, has all other goodies I mentioned yesterday. Like 16x digital zoom, multi-point focus, 5 AF modes, Anti-Shake and high speed shooting.

So now that we have it, please, Sony Ericsson, do get busy and start packaging all these things that you’ve put in Japanese SO905iCS into something for the rest of us. You know, us, in Europe, Americas, other parts of Asia and the rest of the world.

W61s

*www.phonemag.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/phonemag-gallery/w61.jpg

Sony Ericsson is pulling out all the stops with the Cyber-shot W61S. Starting off with its impressive 5.11-megapixel CMOS Sensor, yes the same Exmor sensor technology used in Sony’s professional Alpha DSLR camera. Other imaging features include Kaokime Lite, Smile Shutter Lite, Auto Focus, Auto Lens Cover, Anti-Shake, 3x Optical Zoom, 3cm Macro, ISO 1600 and LED flash.

The hardware specs for the phone is equally impressive, sporting a 2.8-inch LCD display capable of wide VGA display resolution of 480×800 pix (‘Reality MAX’ technology from Sony’s Bravia TV). There’s a microSD card slot accepting a max size of 2GB, TV-Out, Bluetooth, GPS, Music, Videos, EZ Navi, EZ FeliCa, and so forth.

Detail specs/features:

* CDMA2000 1x EV-DO Rev. A Support
* 5.11 Megapixel CMOS Sensor - uses the same ‘Exmor’ sensor technology from Sony’s pro Alpha DSLR
* Kaokime Lite (顔キメLite) - auto adjusts brightness upon face detection for best possible facial tones
* Smile Shutter Lite (スマイルシャッターLite) - auto shutter release upon detecting a smile
* Auto Focus, Auto Lens Cover, Anti-shake
* 3x Optical Zoom, 3 cm Macro
* ISO 1600, LED Flash
* 2.8 inch LCD - Wide VGA 480×800 pixels resolution, 260,000 colors, ‘Reality MAX’ technology from Sony’s Bravia TV
* MicroSD card slot (up to 2GB), TV-Out, Bluetooth, GPS, Music, Videos, EZ Navi, EZ FeliCa, etc.
* Dimensions: 50mm × 114mm × 22mm (w x d x h), 24mm thickness

The C905 is a 8 mp version of the W61s

Should i list what Nokia lacks of the 3 models i have shown you?? :lol:

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Those phones are exclusive to Japan and they are going to stay that way. Japan is the homeland of Sony and they pull all stops to make sure their home crowd gets the best stuff. You and I will never get to see these phones here. So then why are we discussing something which we will never get to use?

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
C905 designed By SE JApan. Wait till Next year.From next year, all the SE designing and planning will be done by SE JApan. They are no more linked to Docomo.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Why should v wait for these SE phones when v have n no. of phones 2 choose from which r the best in the market?? Who has seen the future?? Live in today and stop dreaming of the future....Choose the best phone of the one currently available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom