w810i vs w610i

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallol

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for a good music phone with a decent camera within 15k and now i end up with w810i and w610i. But now I am confused amog them. i find out that w610i has enhanced walkman2.0 and a2dp. But also tha camera isn't as good as w810i. Also i find a strange information in case of w610i that while capturing images in normal mode you can't zoom for this you have to shift to vga mode. Is it true??? Plz suggest ........

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
if i were you..........i would hv got w610i coz its new and its slim !!
also its new wp2........w810i has good cam but i would sacrifice it no problem
if not for cam and backspeaker w610i rocks...else there is always w810i for u

price for 5700 is 12.5k with which u willl need to buyy good earphones like EP 630 so add 1k
total 14k with 2gb mem and EP 630 !! :cool:

welcome to digit forum ;) !!

crack_head

Fireball Venom
W810i=just one problem..no cover for cam..
W610i=small keys...

Depends upon your usage and preference. Check out max MemStick support for both..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Small keys not at all a problem......i use k550i and its never been a problem
even gsm arena review says keys at first sight seem uncomfortable but later they too found it out good and not a problem !!!

dtox

The Techno Perv
w610 is not a significant improvement over w810i.. i mean its basically a slimmer software upgrade.. it has wp2 and a2dp.. thats it! camera is weaker than w810.. plus w810 has a huge modding community which is not the case with w610.. i'd say u go for w810 coz its sound quality can b made better than w610 by modding it.. plus w610 has irritating keypad with those miniature keys which take lot of time to get acustomed to

moh@n

Broken In
Tell you what, if I were you, I'd buy the K550i and then convert it to W610i by flashing it with the W610i firmware, just like you convert the K750i to the W800i. There's a good 4k price difference between the two, so it doesn't make any sense to me to buy the W610i. But doing that will void the warranty, so I'd suggest you to buy the K550i without bill. Else, buy it with bill and warranty and live with it for an year. K550i costs 9.5k now with bill.

OP
K

kallol

Right off the assembly line
@ aks_win
well 5700 seems to be a good option too. though I am not sure whether even using a ep630 can make it such exciting and satisfying as walkman series phone music phone. And also the twisting feature is a bit concerning.

guys, none of you has cleared my doubt about zooming in w610i.:(..... plzz inform me if it's true or not...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
afaik, zooming at 2mp is not allowed in most se phones widout any hacks (except few cid36 phones) anyway it shudn't matter much as its digital zoom and not optical.

apacheman

Journeyman
Go for W810i, u wont regret! its a high time since such a fabulous phone has hit the shelves. its been cast down under the All Time Best phones. Its damn practical with a plethora of shortcut keys. Brilliant display, compact form factor, comfortable keypad, awesome camera with autofocus, and all other goodies! n yea.. it can used as mass storage device, no need of any shitty software or PC suite!

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
yea its digital zoom.....its a marketing gimmick only...its not a real feature to talk about....digital zoom is like viewing the pic on the comp and then zoom in and save it at 2mp resolution which u can alway do it on your comp after u take those pics.

oh yes autofocus not many NON SE phones have this important feature

dtox

The Techno Perv
moh@n said:
Tell you what, if I were you, I'd buy the K550i and then convert it to W610i by flashing it with the W610i firmware, just like you convert the K750i to the W800i. There's a good 4k price difference between the two, so it doesn't make any sense to me to buy the W610i. But doing that will void the warranty, so I'd suggest you to buy the K550i without bill. Else, buy it with bill and warranty and live with it for an year. K550i costs 9.5k now with bill.

no u cant!! walkman player 2.0 and a2dp are hardware related and cannot be incorporated in the phone using a software update!!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmm.. a2dp is not completely hardware related. rewriting the bluetooth stack will enable it in older bt1.1 phones too. but its more difficult than changing the hardware and hence no one bothers abt it unless its some real revenue generator!

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey by flasing k550i to w610i u will of course get walkman player 2
infact k550i will cease to exist and i willl become a w610i
both have same hardware !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom