W810i users of the world unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
hi guys, cudnt'd think up any other tiltle :D have recently got my w810i!! n this fone fc*king rocks!! i need some help from you guys...

1)do you get any kinda cover for this fone? i gud only find the leather ones, nothing else.m worried abt the camera

2)i need more volume on the speakers, any suggestions?

3)is dual sim supported in this?

4)the speakers that are bundled along with it, MPS-60, how much do they cost?

5)how much wud a sandisk 2gb pro duo card cost? will i face any issues using it? will the fone bcom slow? also, 320kbps songs will play fine in it?

thanks in advance guys....

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
congrats dude although i got bored with this fone in 2 days
1. you can find crystal cases in esplanade or many other places
2. need more volume plug in the mps-60
3. nope
4. not sure how much they cost buy dont sell it
5. sandisk 2gig might cost around 1800, no problems although i only trust sony in sony mobiles

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
1)U can try zip cover or crystal case.

2)I have heard about some firmware upgrade which increases it's sound.(Louder even than N73).Wait for Infrared_dude to reply.

3)It does not support Dual sim.

4)I don't know.

5)It would cost you around Rs.2K.the phone won't become slow,thats assured.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
entrana said:
congrats dude although i got bored with this fone in 2 days
1. you can find crystal cases in esplanade or many other places
2. need more volume plug in the mps-60
3. nope
4. not sure how much they cost buy dont sell it
5. sandisk 2gig might cost around 1800, no problems although i only trust sony in sony mobiles
Its been 15 months of me with this phone, and I'm still not bored.

choudang

Padawan
Iam also looking for increasing the sound... i have tried to upgrade the firmware but no recent update available.

1. hearing sound (voice of third party) should be louder.
2. more equilizer options

SE 810i is value for money if you want music, picture and quality.

By the way, wat would be the cost of HPM-70?? where do i get?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Since people haf answered other Qs, I'll target the "increasing volume" part. Yes, you can increase it by using custom drivers. You need not upgrade the firmware or flash. You just need to put in some custom acoustic drivers. However, bear in mind that this will void your warranty. However, just like you get support for Linux thru community you haf a whole lotta people to help you out. 99% of the times the problems are recoverable!

Second thing is since you haf recently bought the phone, you will need to ascertain which CID it used. Hacking your way thru in older W810i (which were CID49 phones) was easy. However, I haf learnt the newer ones are CID50. So breaking into it to install custom acoustic drivers to increase the onboard speaker's volume is not as easy as the previous case.

To clear things up a bit, think of CID as the password. When you crack it you gain access to the drivers folder where you can install new drivers which will enhance the volume. Other than this you also haf a SuperCamera driver which enhances the cam features.

To determine what CID phone you haf, follow these steps:
First turn your phone off, run XS++, press Start. Then press and hold "C" on your phone and plug in in the USB cable. XS++ will show details of your phone in the log. Search for the line CID and let us know about it.

Download XS++ here: *www.2shared.com/file/2319220/4b398c76/XS_online.html

Just go thru this thread: *forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=14443

If you need any help then lemme know. I'll surely help wid whatever I can, but plz gimme sometime. Am a bit busy these dayz. Hence I gave you the link to that page, otherwise I'd haf posted the whole thing here. Get back to this thread if you need any help. All those of us who can help will surely help :)

BTW, lemme remind you again that this will void the warranty.

choudang

Padawan
infra

I need to clearup my doubts ... hope you don't mind

1. Hearing sound of calling/called party should be increase... means not the speaker volume of music, for voice. cuz when i going thru by bus or standing near road, i'm not able to hear properly what the caller party says, where as its clear in 750i, w200 etc.

so i need to increase the voice sound. If i follow the above will it be able to solve my prob

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
warrior said:
infra

I need to clearup my doubts ... hope you don't mind

1. Hearing sound of calling/called party should be increase... means not the speaker volume of music, for voice. cuz when i going thru by bus or standing near road, i'm not able to hear properly what the caller party says, where as its clear in 750i, w200 etc.

so i need to increase the voice sound. If i follow the above will it be able to solve my prob
Yes, you can do that too provided the phone supports breaking into the filesystem :) Which phone do you haf? You can practically alter the volume of every speaker on your phone or headset!!!! :)

choudang

Padawan
I'm having SE810i. when i use HS its fine. and in the office and home, sound is ok with the speaker. but as mentioned above... little increment required to get the proper voice sound while calling.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Just follow the procedure given above and find out the CID of your phone. Its possible to increase the onboard speaker as well as the earpiece volume.

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Hi guys....here is the log I got from XS++

Attempting to open the interface...
23:18:08| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
23:18:08| Turn off phone
23:18:08| Hold C Button on phone and connect phone.
23:18:08| You have 30 seconds.
23:18:08| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
23:18:22| PORT STATUS: ACTIVE
23:18:22| Baseband ID: 8040
23:18:22| Hardware Platform: db2010 Marita compact
23:18:22| Protocol Version: 3.1
23:18:22| Sending loaders\db2010_cid00_prodid_p3k.bin...
23:18:22| This is a PRODUCTION_ID loader
23:18:22| Activating GDFS...
23:18:23| Warning: IMEI name does not match GDFS name (IMEI:NULL GDFS:W810)
23:18:23| ...using GDFS name
23:18:23| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
23:18:23| PHONE INFO
23:18:23| DBID: db2010
23:18:23| OTP CID: 49
23:18:23| EROM CID: 49
23:18:23| EROM color: Red
23:18:23| IMEI: 35657401xxxxxx
23:18:23| Phone: W810
23:18:23| Operator: APAC
23:18:23| CDA: CDA102555/101 R2A
23:18:23| Firmware: R4ED001
23:18:23| EROM: n/a
23:18:23| Ready for operation!
23:19:24| +++ Sendinging shutdown signal to phone...
23:19:24| +++ Done.. You may now connect again...
23:19:24| Shutting down...

So, I think my CID is 49 ...right??

If i apply patches...will my warranty be voided.....I bought this phone yesterday only... :)

Also my another question is that is it necessary to FLASH main?? Suppose i only want to update my ACOUSTIC DRIVERS then is it possible to only update the FS using SETOOL2lite??

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes its CID49. You can patch. And yes, it'll void the warranty. But as I said 99% of the probs can be fixed by yourself.

No, its not necessary to flash the main if you haf breaker firmware matching the existing firmware on your phone. You can do everything from changing the drivers, files, themes, patching etc. :)

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Infra, I tried FAR manager and did the procedure as mentioned though I was able to see two folders on the left windows but, there was nothing in the FS folder.

What do you think may be the reason?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Krazyfrog
Yes, its possible. But these conventional methods for CID49/36 won't work as W710i is a CID52 phone. For that you need XS++ and Setool2.

Go here: *forums.se-nse.net/lofiversion/index.php/f81.html and check the all threads which say XS++, SETool2 Lite etc. You'll get more help there.

@jitesh
You prolly are haf used a wrong version of FS/breaker plugin or its mostly due to bad flashing.

K

krazyfrog

infra_red_dude said:
@Krazyfrog
Yes, its possible. But these conventional methods for CID49/36 won't work as W710i is a CID52 phone. For that you need XS++ and Setool2.

Go here: *forums.se-nse.net/lofiversion/index.php/f81.html and check the all threads which say XS++, SETool2 Lite etc. You'll get more help there.
Will check it out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom