W800i or W550i

W800i or W550i

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Hi guys i need a suggestion,
see i have round about 13k to spend on new mobile, in that range i can either buy a new W550i or a second hand W800i, i read reviews for both but cant decide on which one to go for

Why i would like to buy W550i?
+Great loudspeaker for hearing loud music
- no expandable memory
- dont know if the swivel kinda feature is very comfortable

why i would like to buy W800i
+good headphones
+expandable memory
-new one is a bit expensive(i can go for second hand only)
-have heard that the loudspeaker is not as good as W550i

my main use is for listening to music.....second is gaming...third SMSing...fourth using it for actually what it is made for...CALLING.

tell me also which one of the two is easier for SMSing.

aadipa

Padawan
I have used W550 and own W800. From what I have experienced

W550 is better in terms of music as it has 3 external speakers instead of 2 in W800. But only 230MB usable space may be a problem if you want to listen good bit-rate songs, which you will as you have best sounding headphones. W800 wins there.

In gaming, W800 has slightly better processor, and normal keypad is better that roto-type of W550 (this is personal choice), while W550 have 2 dedicated buttons for gaming and is designed for landscape layout of games (which are hard to find these days but one good game is killer for many portrait games).

Now SMSing, W800 have a standard candybar layout, while W550 is roto-type. I would prefer candy-bar over others like clamshell, sliders and roto for SMSing.

Calling... umm.. that counts too :p
W550 has a dedicated keypad lock button on the side. W800 follows normal SE route. Apart from this everything is same.

Now one thing that you have missed.. and that is biggest plus point of W800 over any other phone of today. CAMERA

W550 has a normal 1.3 MP camera with 4x digital zoom, but the problem is like K700/K500/K300, you cannt take snaps at full resolution when you zoom. 2x zoom can take pictures at 640x480, and 4x zoom will make it 320x240.
On the other hand W800 has a super 2MP camera, with Sony Digicam like interface and very good auto focus. Also you can take pictures at 4x zoom in 2MP resolution. Also macro mode helps taking snaps at closer distance.

Have a look at some of my pics with W800

*www.deviantart.com/deviation/28223691/
*www.deviantart.com/deviation/28703503/

This is all I can say... choice is yours.

Happy shopping.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
In no case shud u go for a second hand fone wait for the budget if u are bent on going for W800i else go for 550 model

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
k750i if u cant afford w800i
and wats the rate of w800i in 2nd hand plz sms me on 9867069635

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
i have finally decided to go for W550i as i cannot afford W800i(also dont wanna buy sooo expensive phone). the W550i's price i got minimum is 13.3k. but sony is gonna make the prices lower in a couple of days so waiting for it,

or i have another option Nokia 6630, i know the looks arent that gr8 but with EDGE and all for 11.7k....unbelievable!

so now gotta decide between those 2 most probably will go for W550i. will miss EDGE but still it has gr8 sound effects

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
ok guyz me finally got W550i. i like W800i too but it was just too expensive for me.
this one cost me 13.1k with bill. the phone is coooool. the headphones are gr8 and listening to music is a pleasure. it has inbuilt worms 3D which is total timepass game, and u have to play it horizontally...
anyway thanks for the help!

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Check out W800i in Grey market

i was just checking the grey market came across w800i with amazing price at Chennai, it is only 14000. I was socked and surprised, it is available in this price amazing.
I say go for the W800i, this is really a ubercool stuff I should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom