w800i earphones !!! Pleasehelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I own a Sony Ericsson w800i for the last two years. Last year end the original earphones gave way particularly because the wire connection had issue at the place where the phone and earphones are connected (near fast port) and also there was some issue with the upper male connector of the earphones. So since the whole set was of no use, i went for the Creative EP-630 and got a Rs. 300/- fake HPM-70 earphones. I actually needed only the bottom part (fastport to 3.5mm connector) to connect my EP-630. But since last couple of days same kind of wire issue is appearing in these too. The EP630 has no issues, problem is only with the duplicate HPM-70s. The problem may be because of the wear and tear of earphones. But still....
Please suggest if we can get a SE Fast port to 3.5mm female connector. If not then i again have to buy these fake HPM-70 spending anything between 150-300 bucks and moreover it having no guarantee. What should i do in such a situation of the problem is recurring.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi.. If the problem is the same with both fast ports, then, check the mobile connector i.e., the interface to connect the fast port to the mobile. Check the metal plates. Sometimes, this would happen when they catch dust. This happens to me and I have to clean them with a pin or something.

Hi.. If the problem is the same with both fast ports, then, check the mobile connector i.e., the interface to connect the fast port to the mobile. Check the metal plates (I am not talking abt the fast port but the interface on the mobile.). Sometimes, this would happen when they catch dust. This happens to me and I have to clean them with a pin or something.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I own a Sony Ericsson w800i for the last two years. Last year end the original earphones gave way particularly because the wire connection had issue at the place where the phone and earphones are connected (near fast port) and also there was some issue with the upper male connector of the earphones. So since the whole set was of no use, i went for the Creative EP-630 and got a Rs. 300/- fake HPM-70 earphones. I actually needed only the bottom part (fastport to 3.5mm connector) to connect my EP-630. But since last couple of days same kind of wire issue is appearing in these too. The EP630 has no issues, problem is only with the duplicate HPM-70s. The problem may be because of the wear and tear of earphones. But still....
Please suggest if we can get a SE Fast port to 3.5mm female connector. If not then i again have to buy these fake HPM-70 spending anything between 150-300 bucks and moreover it having no guarantee. What should i do in such a situation of the problem is recurring.
You will not get only the fast port connector. The only way is to get another full set or make you own.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Even I want the fastport to 3.5mm connector. I checked in a one of the threads and somebody had suggested the same thing that you had done. He was suggesting to buy the whole thing for a less price and it really doesnt matter whether its fake as the fastport connector quality doesnt matter much. So it should work.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
there is no problem with the connector or metal plates. The wire that comes out of the thing which we connect to the fast port has problem. Its like if i am listening to songs and twist the wire a bit here or there, the sound goes off or diminishes. So need some precise adjustment to listen to it. Thats not possible to do every time like while walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom