"w32.Rontokbro@mm" problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kguragain

Broken In
My PC infected by “w32.Rontokbro@mm” and “I-worm/VB.GG”. I have cleaned these several times by using Norton Antivirus, AVG Antivirus. It seems ok two three days but sometimes after affecting by the same worm/virus again. I have spent several hours in a week to fix these threats but not getting permanent solution. So I want help from you and please suggest the best tool to delete “w32.rontokrob@mm” and “I-worm/VB.GG”.
My PC is connected to LAN.

Krishna
Kathmandu

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Disable system restore before you remove the virus/worm. And since you are on LAN make sure that other PCs arent infected either!

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Use Norton 2006 with latest updates. Do a full System scan. It should be able to
delete the Worm. Otherwise boot in safe-mode and do a scan using Norton.
Also disable System Restore. If you are on LAN the other Pcs also would be infected so disconnect them first. You must remove the worm from all machines then only connect to the LAN. Also check your System for any Spyware using SpyBot. I hope your problem gets solved.

src2206

In the zone
Hi kguragain,
If you are keen to disinfect your PC completely I suggest the following:
1. Please download HijackThis . This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\ Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless. Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

2. Do a system scan with HJT and save the logfile.

3. I do not think digit forum has any option option for HJT Log help so go to www.techsupportforum.com and regiter yourself [its completely free.]; post the HJT ligfile there. I am helping there as a Senior Trainee Analyst so you can be rest assured that I am giving these suggestions to you with certain authority on the subject :smile:. If you you go to TSF and feel that I should take up your log to help you mention that at the begining of the log as your comment. My user name at TSF is same as here.
Hope your problem get solved.
Thank you

dabster

In the zone
Haah ! Intelligent virus.....
Go to *sophos.com Search for a virus specific utility....I got it from there....It will be some .com file run it on the infected computer...

The problems like invisible Folder options will be dealt easily by this utility...
And it will completely heal your system...
Also don't forget to disable system restore before you use the utility....

Tell us that it worked and your comp is free from virus...

Last edited:

AKM

Right off the assembly line
Hi Krishna,

Have u managed to get the permanent solution for the Iworm/VB.GG?
I'm facing the same problem and tried out some methods, but nothing has given a permamnent solution.

Could you please update me with the solution methods.

Thanks,

AKM

kguragain said:
My PC infected by “w32.Rontokbro@mm” and “I-worm/VB.GG”. I have cleaned these several times by using Norton Antivirus, AVG Antivirus. It seems ok two three days but sometimes after affecting by the same worm/virus again. I have spent several hours in a week to fix these threats but not getting permanent solution. So I want help from you and please suggest the best tool to delete “w32.rontokrob@mm” and “I-worm/VB.GG”.
My PC is connected to LAN.

Krishna
Kathmandu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom