Vroom Vroom ... Racing Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geforce

Journeyman
Car Racing games can be really taxing on your fingers. Especially those F1 races at the 50th lap or so you won't feel your fingers.

So...

I have been thinking about buying a racing wheel preferably with force feedback support. Any Options ... Please give your suggestions.

And ofcource it has to be low on budget - round about 1.5k .

Microsoft and logitech wheels are way too expensive. I can consider brands like Typhoon or Frontech.

In short I want a cheep alternative to keyboard and w/ force feedback.
Options without force feedback are also welcome.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
dude, at 1500, u wont get decent wheels...i dont tthink u get ff that cheap....and if u do, it will b some sort of pseudo ff....maybe som e1 else can provide u with better sufggestions. logitech and microsoft r expensive but r the best....

Prashray

In the zone
Yes. I would recommend you to buy from Microsoft or Logitech.
They are good.
But you have to comprise with your budget.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Quality hardly ever comes cheap. If u want a reliable piece of hardware, go for Microsoft or Logitech.

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
What all is available in the Indian Market ?

Can anybody list the rates for some of the wheels.

What about non-force feedback wheels. Should i give them a thought 'cause my sole purpose is to protect my fingers from permanent damage. I have played on force feedback but all i does is give rumble effects if you go off the road or something. Is this immersion even worth its price !!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Man really tell you from the heart , if you dont got enough dough to buy wheel microsoft or logitech wheel ..DONT buy wheel at all...i have done that stupid thing already...i bought a cheap Wheel ( Read frontech ) with Forcefeed and all ....and was totally disappointed with the experience ....i even suggested people not to buy the wheel as they are no good ....Until until and until i layed my hands on microsoft wheels....Man that were the wheel ...played need for speed underground and was in heaven...
Really learned a lesson from that ...buy quality or else you can always fool urself...all your life...!!!!

[flAsh]

In the zone
should start from R$.1500 and above
one with features and sensors would cost 2500(at least) be it logitech or M$

godzi_85

In the zone
i have the microsoft sidewinder steering wheel. without force feedback fro around 2500 last year.. from an exibition... man the wheel rocks... its totally awesome... and playing colin 4 feels oh..so good..
and freshseasons is damn right... don`t buy a wheel if you ain`t buying it from the biggies... they simply rock..
and oh make sure that you have a place right in from of your monitor to fix em up... like i have a curved wooden furniture.. so i had to keep my wheel on the left of my monitor...which had a flat pullover board...on which i could fit the wheel with ease. iwonder how much that will affect my real life driving...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
godzi_85 said:
like i have a curved wooden furniture.. so i had to keep my wheel on the left of my monitor...which had a flat pullover board...on which i could fit the wheel with ease. iwonder how much that will affect my real life driving...

:D He he godzi_85 not much ...i think you are way trained for Left hand Drive....only we in hindustan drive righthanded cars.... :p

supersaiyan

In the zone
i played underground on at my friend's place who has a wheel with pedals. and man did it rock. it gives u the real feeling. as if u r behind the driving seat. if one can afford the wheel then one must buy it

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
Nice inputs people ... After running through many articles online i came to know that many of the wheels didn't handle force feedback very well except those from Microsoft, Logitech and thrustmaster.

Many of them have suggested to go with the non-vibration version but it should be good quality.

Well it is making me think twice ... before i get into buying this. Some versions of Logitech are way too expensive, much more than the Ms version.

and Microsoft wheel performs well ... so lets see if i can saveup on a little cash and probably go for it.

OP
Geforce

Geforce

Journeyman
Confused ??

*www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20020524/images/ouverture.jpg

:arrow: Some of the interesting articles on racing wheels

*www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20020524/index.html

*www4.tomshardware.com/consumer/20021205/wheel-01.html

:?: Can anybody quote the prices for Microsoft Racing wheels:

1) Microsoft Precision Wheel
2) Microsoft Force Feedback Wheel

godzi_85

In the zone
oh sorry.. i meant that the wheel was connected to the right of my monitor! not the left..
the mistake is regreted ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom