Voluntary Job applications invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjodh

Broken In
I am inviting Voluntary job applications for the post of forum moderators for a kind of subforum soon to be opened at QnA section,here.10-15 will be selected ,finally before trimming them down.Those interested can send their full bio-data to sunnyranjodh@rediffmail.com and another copy of the same to ranjodh@spymac.com .

Note:-This Job will be totally voluntary .You will have no right whatsoever to ask for any type of benefits/money.

Those with knowledge of PHPBB,HTML ,SQL and other such things will be preffered.You should also have a good weekly commitment on internet.

Aplications are open till next specified date.Last date will be posted here itself.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
ranjodh,

We've talked about this on e-mail. All you can do here is POST. Sorry but you have no right whatsoever to invite applications for moderators. How do you plan to open a "sub-forum"??? THe maximum you can do is start a thread, and most definately cannot control that thread... that's my job... So understand how the forums work, and then realise that you have no control over this forum whatsoever, only Team Digit members have that.

Hope you understand that,

Thank you,

Raaabo

PS: For everyone else... Sorry but we're NOT looking for moderators of any sort for ANY section. This post is just a case of a person being misinformed about the functioning of the forum.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
ranjodh said:
I am inviting Voluntary job applications for the post of forum moderators for a kind of subforum soon to be opened at QnA section,here.10-15 will be selected ,finally before trimming them down.Those interested can send their full bio-data to sunnyranjodh@rediffmail.com and another copy of the same to ranjodh@spymac.com .

Note:-This Job will be totally voluntary .You will have no right whatsoever to ask for any type of benefits/money.

Those with knowledge of PHPBB,HTML ,SQL and other such things will be preffered.You should also have a good weekly commitment on internet.

Aplications are open till next specified date.Last date will be posted here itself.

Hey raabo .. who is he ?

BTW.. you can't get subforums in phpBB , it will require very heavy moding.. :D

hmm..
ok that is fine. .

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
See,I will not be doing anything to your forums.
All I will be doing is help people.
My objective is to provide a centralised division just for the PC configuration needs.
It will be in the form af a thread only.
Nothing else.
Instead,It will reduce your clutter for managing so many threads just for the same purpose.
I will explain its functioning to you by an email.
Of course,You will be most welcome to moderate over it and me also.
Ranjodh

aadipa

Padawan
good intention but yaar,

this is not the way life goes, rules aren't changed for someone

if u wanna help others help them by visiting and posting in their thread, soon u will find ppl pm u and asking directly to u if they find u useful for them. else move on, help them more :)

theraven

Technomancer
its just that this guy contacted digit and he wants to start a subforum for pc configurations ...
and hes already started askin ppl to be "mods" for that ... raabo has already said no tho ...
lets see where this goes

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Even if he somehow manages to start a sub-forum, and hires some mods, how will these hired 'mods' moderate others' posts ? :lol:

EinSTeiN

Broken In
thts a goood question. He didnt even start the forum and already started to recruit the mods. Hope its not another of those sardarji jokes :)

theraven

Technomancer
thats y he needs permission from digit
but in that case the sub forum mods will have to become proper mods
anyways digit isnt ready to start the subforum. ... if they are they'll do it on their own
i think what ranjodh wanted is to use the "usergroups" option of the forum

theraven

Technomancer
digit is letting u start it ??
and u do mean the usergroup function dont u?
anyways i think we could come up with a better idea than committin it to only pc confgurations ...
actually ... it would solve a lot of repost problems ... hmm
but there are soo manyyy topics that are repeatedly asked. ...
like video conversions ....
i guess someone needs to write a tutorial on that to solve it ...
i think ill get workin on it soon ...
but seriously ... we COULD make this forum cleaner ...
make sub sections within qna etc so we dont flood the page and ppl can visit the problems they are good at solving ..
mods?? any takers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom