Vodaphone with a Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hi, 2day morning 3 guys from Vodaphone Delhi appeared home[Kerala] and were asking for permission to plant a GSM tower on my compound, near to my house.
The plot they want is bout 40sqft which's bout 35~40m away from house.

Their offers were teasing; Theyll give 15kas rent /month..

My doubt is, is there ny problem with a tower close to house?
Some kinda radiation, EMPs during lightnings etc?
Me too atracted with ther 15k offer/month. I can upgrade ma system every month.

And i dun know if 15k is less for thins kinda thing, shud i bargain more?
I fear if theyll drop the plan if i ask insanely, so what is a suitable rent?;)

And do this affect the reception of other networks on nearby areas?
My mom, dad haf Cellone nd me haf Airtel.

Plz reply fast guys...theyll come 2moro for a reply

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
According to my knowledge i suggest you not to plant a tower in your compound,first tell me how much is the distance between your house and tower, because you had all kinds of eletronics devices i think also during thunders you may some times face a severe problem, that is the reason why network towers allways placed hilly areas and in heights, so if distance is reasonable ask them greater than 15k, because your's is great city and the network is vodafone

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Just read these
*www.wave-guide.org/archives/emf-l/Jun1997/Harvard-Researchers-Say-Cell-Towers-Are-A-Hazard-1.html
*hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q79.html
*www.hindu.com/2004/09/27/stories/2004092704940300.htm
*www.cyburban.com/~lplachta/safeweb2.htm

Mixed views :)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
NucleusKore said:
Just read these
*www.wave-guide.org/archives/emf-l/Jun1997/Harvard-Researchers-Say-Cell-Towers-Are-A-Hazard-1.html
*hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q79.html
*www.hindu.com/2004/09/27/stories/2004092704940300.htm
*www.cyburban.com/~lplachta/safeweb2.htm

Mixed views :)

very very good collection, post some thing special in your 1000th post dear

azzu

AJJU
^ lol
watever in my view its safe but put sum distance coz of thunderstorms ull have problems if its very near If its very near
Ur r a lucky Person *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/s10.gif

Pathik

Google Bot
I dont think there should be any problems.. BTW is the land yours?
And do ask for a better deal.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
i dunno about Vodafone but i know that in my hometown (Shillong) one of my friend is paid 20Kpm by Airtel. also he got a demo SIM card (unlimited free calls).

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@abhi.eternal
is it in Bngalore?

My place is not that big city, an avg~above avg town, nd ma home is bout 2km away from town.

As i above said, the site is bout 40M from house, nd i dun mind even if some appliance gone dead on thunders as long as i get 15kpm[i can get them repaired or even get new ones].

But my main concern is bout radiation. What bout it guys.....

mmnn let me read the pages by NucleusKore

azzu

AJJU
^^ go for it man Dont be afraid btw Increase as much Distace as u can btw ur tower and ur House :D

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Now im lil worried bout the Hindu Report on third link......Can it be true. They havm't done ny research.

I think Vodaphone has 900Mhz signals which is much lower frequency than others like Airtel, so less hazardoes maybe.

What wud you guys do if u were in ma position.

My mom nd dad have almost accepted, but ive to convince ma bro whos in infosys. Ny gud points/pros for it?

praka123

left this forum longback
^even I got offer from TVS+some foreign company to place the tower in our rubber estate House near Vazhakulam :p.it is remote place and TVS quoted Rs3000/month and i said a direct NO! :D and this TVS guys are only erecting towers in Kerala,TN and Karnataka and all providers(airtel,idea,vodafone etc) except BSNL share the same tower :p .yes,AIRTEL too!but if a direct deal from a Cell service provider,as u got it is a real good deal.but write the deal for how many years for lease on a MudraPatram(i dont know the English word) err..got it stamp paper :D! dont u worry,many ppl are renting out their roof tops for these providers!

din

Tribal Boy
@aravind_n20

Sorry for discouraging, may be I am very old !

I think it is better to stay away from mobile towers, evenif they offer a good rate.

But ask experts before you take the final decision.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Hi..u got a nice deal:) but....one of my friend was here(somw what an expert)...wt he said was no interference will be there for electronic equipments and for other cell phones n also no problem with lightening,but according to him radiation will be definetly high in that area. Will radiation affects humans severely? is still an debated topic...but his opinion is that it will.....ask vada phone:D guys more time to decide....and u will need to collect more information on this.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I already asked them nd hes askin me 'if theres ny problem, then how cum that much towers are raised in towns.....there are most prob a tower on most building tops]. He says nothin to worry.
Its them who has to worry, coz the walls are open in some area of compound, nd they say there are chances of equipments getting stollen.

I think theyll keep a security, rote? then why shud they fear?
or its just some markettin gimmick?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the building tops are a different scenario altogether coz the building height and the towers are abv human presence as in the height mumbai is filled with them and they pay around the same amount i guess may be plus minus something will have to ask dad abt the price but in your case its on ground level

however radiations and their affects have been presented by many reports to be dangerous and not so dangerous howver prolonged exposure to anything for that matter is dangerous

in ur particular case i would suggest u to ask them where else have they installed ground towers talk they might hesitate to tell but ask em and if the tower is placed in the direction of a room that is not so frequently used or something like a store room or something then i say go for it

but radiations are a very confusing issue we have had presentations showing the bad side but the next day theres a report that says they arent ....

just ask them to tell u where else have they put up ground towers and if they do just talk to the residents close by ;)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
One of my friend once asked me this tower thing during my Engg. days. His house is in Sriperampudur (40 Kms from Chennai). Tata (or Airtel, I'm not sure) agreed to pay Rs. 18k pm and that was like 3 years back. You can't compare rents in Chennai and Kerala but still IMO ask for Rs 20K and seal the deal.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@arvind:get 20k+ per month +a sim card with some insane credit limit(2k should do isn't it?) and seal the deal.You're lucky IMO.

One more thing--I guess you will be required to sign some kind of contract,My advice don't sign contract with more than 5year restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom