VNC query

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_hat

Broken In
Hello everyone

I have some question and I thought that u guys can gimme some solution or clarify my doubts.

I am connected to lan.My two friends and me installed softtware "VNC"
and configured same password to have acess each others pc when needed.
When we connect to each others pc through vnc we kept code to identify
ourselves.

Once I was browsing net one bot connected through vnc and tried to Run commands.I thought my friend may have doin this but same happened with other two friends.He conncets frequently after some time but every time we closed vnc service.
Even after changing pwd he was still able to connect to 3 of us.

Even he may have left trojans coz one of my freind wasn't able to connect our net.After removing trojans net worked very fine.

1.Can u help me to trace that ip.
2.Is there any way to block him so that we can run VNC service.
3.Is he cracked our pwd or used any other method to connect without pwd.

What should i do as we require this vnc service desparately but after starting that stupid connects to us.

Sorry for the language I used as am still learning.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Check in the logs.. There must be some logs generated by the VNC server (usually under /var/logs).. They will help in identifying the IP address.

OP
R

red_hat

Broken In
I am using windows box and uninstalled vnc service after those incidences so there is no folder of Real vnc in program files.

so it is very hard to trace back now.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@red_hat, First of all, You guys must have a good firewall in place!!
This way you can block any suspicious IP address from accessing your Network.

Last edited:

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
red_hat said:
I am using windows box and uninstalled vnc service after those incidences so there is no folder of Real vnc in program files.
so it is very hard to trace back now.
Hi red_hat, You should post this question in the Software Troubleshooting section. It doesn't belong to OpenSource section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom