VMware networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
I recently installed VMware and i installed XP in it and i want to establish a remote desktop in the guest machine (just for curiocity:D )

i m unable to connect , can anybody help me ?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
wait wait, you want to connect your VM XP to the host OS on which VMWare is installed & share files?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Make sure both your Host and Guest have IP Addresses in the same range
Then enabled Remote Desktop in the guest machine by

Right Clicking on My Computer (Guest)
Properties
Remote
Enable Remote Desktop

Remember to have a UN and PW in the Guest machine with administrator privileges for the RDP to be established from the host

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i have not bridged network connection , how to bridge ?
i want to use virtual network adapter and connect both the PC. help anyone

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Am on a similar topic so didn't start a new thread but I want some remote PC's to connect to apache server running on a distro installed on vmware. How do I do that? Networking in the virtual machine uses DHCP. So, how can a remote machine connect to apache server running on my vmware OS and not on host OS?

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
@max_demon
have u set up the virtual network network adapter and enabled it, By default, the VMnet0 virtual network is set up in bridged mode and bridges to one of the active Ethernet adapters on the host computer. You can change this in virtual network settings, there are 3 types of virtual adapters I guess (don't have vmware installed right now) and the host only is the best choice for you I guess, look around there is an option where u can choose to enable virtual network adapters (vmnet0 - vmnet8 ), and vmnet0 - vmnet3 are sort of reserved for "Host-only" , bridged, etc... (you can change them though, so not actually reserved, but defaulted I'd say) but take the default vmnet0, and configure DHCP in the virtual adapter of ur machine, and the adapter in ur virtual OS, you have to do both for it to work, this will establish connection between the two and then do as you please, DO NOT put the same ip group in both your physical and virtual adapter, or both might not work.

@tech_your_future
I am not aware If this can be done, but there is an option of direct connection, VMnet3 or something, just read around, it might work, If I had VMware installed now, I would be glad to do it myself, but so far, I've had no problems ni doing most things in VMware networks, and they work pretty good and smooth, but never tried this, I usually use the host-only adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom