vlc player and subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

in vlc media player, i just learnt how to ply the subtitles a few weeks back with a post here.. and now i hav another problem. while playing with subtitles , the titles are on the movie itself.. i mean they rnt placed a little down in the "black area" lik in a 70 mm movie.. cud we lower down the subs little? any options for tat??? and i see vlc doesnt pick the subtitles automatically! i hav to manually add the subs.. is there a way out for tat too?

/legolas

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
No.
I VLC doesnt render the 'black' strips on top and bottom .. hence it cannot place the subtitle there.
In preferences, there is an option called "Force SPU position" meant for this purpose .. but it doesnt work as expected. Anyways I've checked the forums, I'm quite sure VLC cannot do that.

VLC can pick up the subtitle automatically if the subtitle name is EXACTLY same as filename and both are kept in same folder.
ie. filename = my movie file.avi
subtitle filename = my movie file.srt OR my movie file.sub OR my movie file.avi.srt (or .sub)

But still you will have to go to Video->Subtitle->Track 1/2/whatver on the menu on VLC to select the subtitle while the movie is playing.

I dont know why but some people in this forum say that VLC cannot auto-load subtitles if vobsub is not installed. I'm not sure why .. but it works without vob-sub on my comp.

-----
alibi

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
u r absolutely right alib_i, worked the same way! and there cant be the option of moving the subs any further below. i too learnt it... thk u! may be in future versions we can expect!

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom