Visual Basic Programming doubts-Help me urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Hello everybody
I am a class XI student studying VB. Can any one of you please tell me how to display a splash screen and then start the parent form after the splash screen is gone?
Please help me out.
I have a project to complete and so please help me out urgently.

-Deepak Krishnan

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
It's pretty simple task so it has more than one way of doing it. Here's one way:
- In your proect explorer window, right-click, "Add Form..." and in the dialog box select "Splash form".
- You will get a generic form with no titlebar, and a generic template for a splash screen. Change the image, product name, company name, etc.
- Now go to Project explorer, rightclick on the project you added the splash screen to and in tjhe properties window make the splash form as the startup object.
- Now here comes more choice. If u want the splash screen to be clciked to dismiss, modify the form_click event of the splash form to load the Main form.
Or you can add a timer control to this form and make it close automatically upon reaching the time limit. Or u can load the Main form as soon as the splash screen is loaded and make the Main form to unload the form after it has loaded completely.
Hope you got it.

tuxfan

Technomancer
siriusb, you have given a perfect answer. I entirely agree with his procedure. Its the best way.

tuxfan

Technomancer
siriusb, you have given a perfect answer. I entirely agree with his procedure. Its the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom